Help me Train Women Entrepreneurs in Kenya and Make a difference in their lives.
There are two things that stop Kenyan Entrepreneurs grow in their business.
- Accessing markets for their products and services
- Timely education and skills on how to market their products and services online
- The cost of actually marketing their products and services.
My team and I have been training in Kenya in internet marketing for the past 3 years. Our track record speaks for itself having trained hundreds of entrepreneurs on creating great online marketing campaigns. In-fact some of our trainees have gone on to win prestigious awards in Kenya such as the Bloggers Association of Kenya Awards (BAKE), starting their own online businesses etc.
The fact is such training is not cheap for the majority of small business people in the country. These are the ones who actually need the services especially since the goal is to keep their marketing costs low so that they can concentrate in production and service provision.
My last seminars were only attended by big companies and that is something that we want to solve. it is not enough to educate only the ones who can pay for services but also the ones who need it the most but can't find the funding to get started.
This campaign is aimed at funding online marketing training for small businesses who can not fund such training or services.
How We are Going to Do It
We plan to hold seminars and workshops around the country targeting women in small businesses. In the 5 day workshops we aim to train them in:
- Creating and Managing their own websites
- Running Social Media Campaigns on low budgets
- Creating profitable marketing channels through their online marketing efforts
It sounds challenging but the truth is we have done this before. Our youngest participant in our workshops was 17 years old and went on to start her own profitable online blog while our oldest was retired at 65 years and she now employs her own family in offering online services to SEO companies worldwide.
How Will the Funds be Used
Our aim is to provide an all round experience in the workshops. Participants will have to create their own websites during the workshop period. We have done it before and it works very well to keep them engaged. To do this we need the funding for:
- Creating course materials including DVD's and Cd's to be used in the workshops and after the workshops
- Administrative costs especially travel and accommodation for the team
- workshop related, materials, stationary and printing costs
- marketing communication campaigns to reach out to prospective participants and attendees
- Web Hosting and Development services for participants who may not be able to fully understand the concepts during the initial 5 days
- Follow up 1 Day seminars for attendees
- Online portal to build a community for the attendees
We want to ensure that the seminars are powerful and fruitful for the attendees. Any extra funds shall be used for subsequent seminars.
Why Should You Support Us?
My company is the African Centre for Internet Marketing and we offer mainly digital marketing training. Our initial target was companies but we have realized that when the companies send in individuals, these individuals usually want to use the training for their own businesses or family businesses.
You can see our history at our facebook page and see how we have helped others.
We believe that the only way that we can end poverty in our country is by educating the masses. It is not enough to send cash but sharing business skills is essential. Educating the entrepreneur in Africa means that they are able to earn more and improve the status of all around them.
Your support is essential to help end this cycle of poverty for help in this region. Education is the best way to end it.