"Down Flower Shop ', the first Florist Atelier
for Young People and Adults with Down Syndrome in Romania
Down Flower Shop is a pilot project thought for Bucharest where Teenagers and Adults with Down Syndrome will be prepared and later hired, as florists, to create Floral Arrangements ,Bouquets and
funeral wreaths .
Based on the studies made by Goby Foundation, a non profit foundation opened in Romania that deals with the development of underdeveloped communities, they observed the need and the desire of the people with Down Syndrome to find and have a job.
In the Foundation we start specific economic activities on limited or unlimited periods where we build the economic activity that helps the groups or target-people from scratch.
For more details please go on the site of the Foundation for more information about the activities of the NGO.
This economic activity is thought as a form of permanent therapy for people with Down Syndrome helping them to:
- create a daily routine
- Develop their creativity and imagination
- To interact and socialize with other people
- To hold a job, action that helps improve their self esteem
- The adults with Down Syndrome will be instructed and prepared for the following jobs:
- -Preparator for plants and greenery for flower arrangements
- - Executant of flower arrangements on different types of support
- - Preparation and execution of funeral wreaths
- -Maintenance of the plants and flowers
- - Execution of floral bouquets
- EURO : RO22 BREL 0002 0013 3398 0200
- USD : RO38 BREL 0002 0013 3398 0300
- BIC / SWIFT : BRELROBUXXX
- Libra Bank Sucursala Bucuresti,
To start the project and become sustainable, at the present we need your help.
You can make donations in the bank accounts of the Goby Foundation with the mention “Project Down Flower Shop”
Or we will expect you in our location when we open it.
On one wall of the Flower Shop there will be a place of thank you for all the people who helped this project become reality!
Thank you for your entire support, Goby Foundation