Support our Eco-Pilgrimage 2019
What is an Eco-Pilgrimage?
- We walk for 10 days with 75 participants
- We walk in single file for peace and justice
- To look at issues of people, animals and the Earth
- To respond in daily life to the global crisis
- To become Agents of Change for daily life.
What is a Dharma Yatra?
- Dharma emphasises wisdom and compassion
- The teachings and practices explore enviro-mental life
- Yatra means Pilgrimage
- We Walk for Ten Days
- We share a vegan diet.
What is our Appeal for?
We wish to raise € 3000.00 ($3360, £2550, Israeli Shekels 12000, A$4800)
- Purchase of large marquees
- Rent of large vehicles for transportation of tents and backpacks
- Water tanks
- Multiple items for kitchen, toilets and equipment.
- Two mobile phones for communication between walk leader and campsite.
- GPS guidance system (satnav) for planning daily routes
All items for use in future years
We wish to keep the course very affordable so that single parents, students, low income and those living on a state pension can attend. All have a contribution to make personal, social and global renewal.
We wish to offer E-books to donors
Christopher has completed a series of four books and a PDF based on the Buddha’s teachings. The readers will find benefits in one or more of the books available in the series. Here are the titles of the books:
THE MINDFULNESS MANUAL. Based on the Buddha’s teachings. The Manual gives practical guidance and mindfulness exercises for the body, feelings, states of mind and outer circumstances. 131 pages.
THE POLITICAL BUDDHA. Chapters include fresh perspectives on making money, banks, religious beliefs, greed, corporations, politics, the military and dissent with regular quotes from the Buddha. 242 pages.
THE EXPLICIT BUDDHA. The book explains the expanse and depths of the Buddha’s teachings. Themes include ethics, non-self/self, deep meditation, karma, action, causality, the path, views, truth and enlightenment. 238 pages.
The Eco-pilgrimage will consist of two Dharma teachers with assistants. We invite donations on the 9th day to cover costs and donations to support Christopher and Ulla.
Christopher Titmuss, a senior Dharma teacher, offers teachings worldwide on insight meditation (vipassana), love and liberation. Poet, photographer and social critic, he is the author of more than 20 books. A former Buddhist monk, Christopher lives in Totnes, Devon, England. www.christophertitmuss.net
Ulla König is a Dharma teacher working with groups in Germany – prisons, cancer patients, refugees and people with disabilities. Mother of two children, Ulla lives in Reutlingen, close to the area of the Yatra. www.ulla-koenig.com