Help increase our wildlife monitoring and anti-poaching capacity
• USD 3,000 funds an anti-poaching/concession and Support to Uganda Wildlife Authority monitoring team for 4 Months
Help provide nutritional support to communities in need close to the National parks
• USD50 provides basic food for a family of four for a month
*Any donation, big or small, will have a tremendous positive impact on Africa’s wildlife and communities.
To support this initiative, make a donation to our non-profit partner, The GoExplore Safaris - Wildlife Trust.
The IMPACT of COVID-19 in Africa has been profound – particularly on wildlife conservation and rural communities and Safari Guides who have directly been affected and dependent on tourism more.
• Increase in poaching activity and related bushmeat trade as alternate income and food source
• Much of the goodwill and support for sustainable wildlife ecotourism built over decades is under threat
• Loss of tourism lease income for community land-owners may result in conversion of wildlife land to subsistence agriculture
• Rapid and widespread rise in food insecurity
• Loss of income from tourism through industry-wide salary reductions, retrenchments and small business closures