About Refugee’s in Greece:
Due to the ongoing social-political unrest in the World, it has driven hundreds of individuals and families to live their homes and everything they had, and some of them have lost their love one’s to War, From them to come and seek refuge in Greece. As of January 2015, the UNHCR had settled over 60,000 of these refugees in remote camps in some islands and mainland Greece. Greece is currently hosting one of the largest numbers of refugees in Europe.
About This Project:
Refugees formed 30% of the Greek’s population in Greece, who are in need of some basic skills to become productive and creative.
80% of these refugees in Athens Community lack skill to become productive as well as
Creative for them to stop begging in the street for their survival and be self-sufficient to pay their bills due to the inadequate of free Housing.
In this condition, I have identified more 400 poor refugees who expressed their interest to learn computer skills and set a career in computers.
My Main Objective of starting this Project as follow:
1. To provide computer literacy in software and Hardware to refugees.
2. To train needy refugees to become skilled, productive and creative in the computer related jobs.
3. Raise awareness of the community as a whole.
The following methodology has been devised to achieve the above described objectives with the following activities:
• A computer training center would be started at Athens.
• Unemployed refugees would be trained in Computer literacy and basic hardware.
• Students will be provided quality education and practical orientation under a qualified
• The student would be provided training stipend to continue their computer education without drop-out.
Computer project is aimed to literate refugee students. Computer literacy is needed to sharpen and enhance their literacy and interest. These students lack access to computer education for reasons like - they are from undeveloped countries and it is not affordable for them to pay for the fees and buy course materials.
How the Fund can be used:
We will use the funds from this Project to Educate Refugees in Technology field to be able to get Employment/Self-employed, and to ensure that they have educational opportunities in the long-term. With education is what left for Refugees after living everything behind, without education they have no hope to break the cycle of Poverty and Oppression.
• We are going to setup a computer training center.
• We would pay for rents and utilities bill.
• We would buy computer equipment, chairs and desk.
• We would pay for trainer/tutor salaries and training supplies for the centre.
How Can You Help:
Please donate whatever you can to help us achieve our goals to help refugees to be self-reliance! If you can’t donate please share our Project with everyone you know. All donations make a positive change on many lives.
Thank you for your generosity; I am thrilled to have your support. Through your donation that will be able me to accomplish my goal and continue working towards helping refugees. You will truly make the difference for us, and I will be extremely grateful!
Today your donation is going toward helping refugees have basic computer skills.
To help get the word out, you can share the link to your Facebook Timeline!