There is at least 1 000 000 reasons why one could start collecting donations. Obviously the literally hottest topic at the moment is the climate change and everything connected to that. So what about a bit of recycling before the New Year will come. Remember, New Year, New You ;-)
We all have tons of clothes and most of the time we wear only like 1/3 of them. Even more unnecessary clothes we have because the children in our families grow up way too fast!
Earlier this year I spent some time in a town Hà Giang, North of Vietnam volunteering and I got to see many many poor children. Children lacking not only love and affection but also the basic things such as clothes. The once that broke my heart the most were the kids from the local orphanage called TRUNG TÂM BẢO TRỢ XÃ HỘI TỈNH, HÀ GIANG... barefoot, having only dirty, worn off, full of holes clothes.
There is more than 80 children aged 4-18 in this local orphanage. All of them are coming from very difficult background. Some of their parents passed away or were too poor to take care of them. Some of those kids were just taken from the street... The others were born sick... deaf, blind, mute, paralyzed... and their parents decided against raising them up. On top of that there is also a lot of indigenous people in villages and mountains in the surrounding of the town Hà Giang – the Thay and H’mong ethnic groups. Especially since the winter is coming and it can get really cold in there (temperatures can drop to 5 degrees), they all could need some extra layers!
What is my goal?
- Provide the kids with clothes and blankets as well as with toys and school items.
How can you help?
- If you have children as well as adult clothes you don’t need anymore, please donate them to me (PM first). This one is for MUNICH and TORUN people mostly!
- If you have toys, colouring books, other school items, please send them to me (PM first). This one is for MUNICH and TORUN people mostly!
- If you don’t have anything of those above or you are just too lazy or you think you live too far to send anything, please, please donate money! I need it to cover all the shipping costs!! Each package to Vietnam costs approximately 100,0 EUR
- You can do all of the 3 points above! That would be obviously the best case ever :)
I am doing this with a help of a wonderful girl, Thao, who is a Vietnamese English teacher living in Hà Giang She will be the one distributing the clothes. Please note that we will be running it in 2020 as well!
Thank You so much!