€700.00raised of €3,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
- According to World Bank’s collection 48.35% Ugandans live in slums,
- A Slum is a highly populated urban residential area consisting mostly of closely packed ,decrepit housing units in a situation of deteriorated or infrastructure inhabited primarily by impoverished people
- Katanga slums stretches about 1.5km from Wandegeya near Bwaise and is divided into two administrative local council Busia and kimwamanyi zone, Kimwanyi is developed with student hostels as viewed from Wandegeya and temporary structures built with timbers or mud and bricks.
- Even though housing units are in poor conditions 60% of the people living there are tenants and their average income is 70 US dollars per month hence finding it hard to earn a living ,
Generally most families in Katanga slums have an average of four children, some are single mothers,There is a family I was supporting before Covid19 disorganizing everything and she was a single mother with six children all were living in one room a bit hard for them.
A Christmas gift for Katanga slums campaign has been designed to support families in Katanga slums buy food for Christmas, we are targeting to offer a Christmas gift to three hundred families (300)
- Break down
- 1kg of sugar costs 3000 ugx
- 1kg of rice 4000 ugx
- 1kg of maize flour 2000 ugx
- 1kg of beans 3500 ugx
- 1kg of beef 15000 ugx
- 1kg bar soap 3500 ugx
Feel free to donate any thing you can
Organized by Steve and Getrude.
- Sekamatte Steven
No updates for this campaign just yet