AN UPDATE: Every supporter, regardless of the amount donated will receive a thank-you audio book - short story from my own chirdren's story series The Tale of Two Brothers.
JAUNUMS: Katrs atblastītājs, neskatoties uz ziedojuma apmēru, saņems pateicībā audio grāmatu - īsu stāstu no manis paša bērnu stāstu sērijas "Divu brāļu stāsti". Paldies!
Previous audio story here: Šeit iepriekšējais audio: https://youtu.be/xrxsJOaV18U
Lately I've been recording bedtime stories on my phone (what a handy device) and sharing them with a few friends.
And then, and just for a moment, I imagined - could this be turned into something digital and widely available (in audio format)?
If you think I should go for it and share my passion recording - please support!
VIDEO: video is an audio recording (done with phone) of one of our reading nights with my daughter Sophie (4) - story is in Latvian and done in her bedroom few days ago :) Present here just as a sample of my reading. My 4 years old daughter Sophie falls asleep listening to me reading bedtime stories, people also enjoy listening to my public speaking.
Amount needed: I have listed 700 EUR, this number can vary. If there is less - I might go with very basic setup and update later, if there is more - I can purchase a better setup now and invest more in setting up the home studio with long term use in mind.
Items that I will purchase include:
- mid price range condenser microphone (or better if more funds available)
- audio interface (for converting analog input to digital output)
- microphone scissor stand
- studio earphones
- external memory storage
- DIY sound insulation for initial improvised home studio (or better if more funds available)
Other items that I already have:
- dedicated space for home studio
- PC (the one I currently use for everyday work)
- comfortable quiet chair
- love of family and people around me :)
Works I have to tackle:
- get permissions from copyright owners
- find a way to have online availability for download
- work on acting skills
My Language skill:
- I'm a native Latvian speaker and this is my first Language
- yet, I have an excellent command of English and strain to improve to a pleasant North American accent