"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
CASAR Park is a Social Enterprise. A not-for-profit whose mission is to provide training, work experience and social engagement opportunities for young people on the Central Coast. Our enterprise is the commercial operation of a motoring complex and other recreation and tourism-based businesses.
This $14million motoring complex is stage 1 and features a 3.5 km tarmac race track, undercover pit garages, driver training facilities, a dual use go-kart track / simulated driving environment and associated amenities.
The Objectives of the motoring complex are to support:
- Club-level motor sport participation
- Motoring-related tourism
- Road Safety awareness
- Driver and Rider Training
- Automotive skills training
Once completed, the Park will generate $17 million annually in economic contribution to the local economy with 200 jobs and 200 training & work experience positions onsite once fully operational, and a further 150 indirect jobs.
This project has support from our key stakeholders:
- Wyong Shire Council
- Central Coast Tourism
- Darren Webber MP (Member for Wyong)
- Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council
- Regional Development Australia Central Coast
The Central Coast region needs a 'game-changer'
In the Tourism Opportunity Plan report recently commissioned by Wyong & Gosford Councils together with Tourism Central Coast, a Motor Sport precinct was identified among the top 5 catalyst projects for the region.
The proposed site is a 115 hectare parcel in north Wyong Shire, near the southern boundary for Lake Macquarie City. The landowners have issued a Letter of Support in relation to this project, expressing their preparedness to enter into a long term lease.
The subject is bounded (broadly) by the Sydney-Newcastle (F3) Freeway to the west, Bushell’s Ridge Rd to the north, the Sydney-Newcastle Rail line to the east and to the south by the Motorway Link Rd which joins the Freeway to the Pacific Highway and on to the eastern side of Lake Macquarie. Zoning allows for a major recreational facility.
Our message to supporters...
The CASAR Park concept was born in July 2010. Now some three years later, more than 500 volunteer hours of research, lobbying and planning have come to fruition and we are ready to pursue our Development Application. This is the critical next step for CASAR Park and community support is essential. Our target is to raise $350,000 by 30th September 2013 through commercial sponsorships and crowdfunding contributions.
For the motor sport community we offer something in very short supply – a venue. But not just any venue. The track itself is 12m wide with generous run-off and the thickness of sub-base and asphalt is at international standard – quality of the driving surface is paramount. Our family-friendly precinct welcomes participants, supporters, their family and friends and all are encouraged to have an extended stay to enjoy all facilities.
In order for this valuable asset to remain in community ownership, it is the community who must take the most important first step. A crowdfunding model is the ideal platform to gauge true community support. The more that is pledged the stronger our conviction and the louder our united voice within government. We have to demonstrate unequivocally that the demand for a motoring facility is there and the desire to improve outcomes for our youth is there.
The funds raised will be utilised for:
- External specialists to undertake environmental, engineering, planning and other tasks associated with the Development Application, DA Fees, and legal fees to document the lease agreement - $191,200
- Project management, planning, liaison, lobbying and administrative costs in preparation for and throughout the Development Application process – $158,800
To cater to different individuals and groups in the motoring community, we offer a number of options:
- $30 - an affordable option to ensure your voice is heard.
- $60 - be the first to walk the track on its opening day.
- $250 - be the first to put tyres to tarmac with 6 x 20 minute sessions on the first day.
- $500 - for the enthusiast, you will be rewarded with $500 worth of vouchers to use for any purpose at the track - experiences, track days, training, etc
- $1500 - for Clubs and other track hirers, you will be rewarded with a $2,000 discount off your first days track hire.
- $2,750 - this option provides an even more rewarding $5,000 discount off your first days track hire.
It is important to remember that this fundraising is for the Development Application only, and the rewards can only be claimed once the facility receives funding for, and completes, its actual construction. Priorty for redeeming rewards will be in the order in which contributions are received - that is for example, first contributor gets first choice of track hire day.
Funds raised will be controlled by the Management Committee which includes representatives from CAMS and local community and training groups. Our fundraising will also be subject to independent external audit by LWM Group Chartered Accountants.
If, at any time, the Committee decides that the Development Application process is unlikely to be successful, we will cease our activities and return the balance of funds to our contributors on a pro-rata basis. Note that this only applies to contributions of $250 or more. Whilst this website uses the term 'donate', these contributions are not tax deductible. If you operate a business, please contact us as we offer commercial sponsorship options.
Thank you for your support...
Like us on Facebook for all the updates!