Updates on Help needed for Bobi, the dog, rescued from earthquake zone in Croatia

Update #1
Update posted by Vedran Galeta On Feb 02

VIDEO EMMETT

Slightly edited text Matea's public post on FB:

Bobi has finally made first little steps in his, to be expected, long and hard journey to full recovery - these little steps kindly understand literary! Let us not rush to any conclusions or dare to have any unreasonable hope – but faith is there, and it is strong, and nothing cannot shake it from now on. In last few days there were so many obstacles that tried to shake my faith. Especially the “kind” staff at The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine by the University of Zagreb where we decided to go for conducting the medical examination by the specialist together with diagnostics (CT & RTG). Earlier in previous month when earthquake implications were still very fresh, same Faculty publicly announced how they will treat any animal from earthquake zone for free and meticulously to help them. Care to know what we experienced there?

Not only that any of the encountered staff confirmed that they will examine and treat Bobi from earthquake zone for free, nor to reduce the price for needed actions for Bobi – but after literary 1.5 minute of simple visual examination in the lobby by holding back legs in hands, specialist stated that Bobi is lost case – and no time or resource should be spent on finding possibility to have Bobi back on his feet. Only proposal we got was to rather keep the money for the wheels for our dog – JUST TO EMPHASIZE – with no CT or even RTG conducted on the Bobi spinal cord. So, we had to accept the message and to move somewhere else and we have an appointment for CT at Bubi, veterinary practice, where we will do all the further examinations and treatments.

Thanks to Dorotea, Bobi has also started with EMMETT therapy. Bubi veterinary practice will charge us for the CT around 3000HRK (400 EUR), while recommended medication would cost around few hundreds of HRK (<50EUR) – for now we know that we need Neurobion and Apipet Flexi. Free treatment unfortunately is not an option. Due to his condition and above explanation Bobi daily needs are diapers, pads and mentioned medication – and to emphasize the daily travelling due to only possible accommodation that is in outskirts of Zagreb (Ivanic Grad) and Bubi practice which is in Zagreb. That is where summed donations are getting expended on momentarily.

The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine by the University of Zagreb apparently got themselves very good advertisement just few weeks ago, so now volunteers have to feel embarrassed in the lobby by asking for simple price reduction, not to even think about free examination and treatment enquiry anymore for animals suffered in earthquake zone. For know for what I learn from the others, Faculty statement and correlated actions are true embarrassment since action done with Bobi for now seems to be a rule – as concluded with conversation with few other volunteers.

So, we are moving forward regardless of this latest disappointment, which hurts, which also gave me feeling of being an idiot, and drawn almost all the fait out of me. There is no choice of giving up now! Regardless of tiredness I feel, and 2.000Km driven around in last week, and very little sleep I get, and new animal mistreatments encountered on the way, and regardless of counting animals under my care which are waiting for their attention (sterilizations, surgical procedures, placed in commercial accommodations,..). Not to mention that decent accommodation for Bobi hasn’t been found still! For Bobi to be treated and examined, each day we have to travel 100Km, back and forth…

GUYS IT IS HARD SITUATION!

I am just a volunteer, a citizen daring to help.

BARE WITH US AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FURTHER ON, AND THANK YOU WHOLEHARTEDLY FOR DOING SO UNTIL NOW!

THERE ARE MANY GOOD THINGS IN FRONT OF US AND LETS NOT GIVE UP ON BOBI, I WILL SURELY NOT!

THANK YOU CORDIALLY!

Add a Comment