US$2,400.00raised of $200,000.00 goal
In early January 2020, Prabaswara Tista Thani Orphanage Foundation started a new project in Arts and Crafts with 57 of our orphanage children by providing them technical and livelihood skills training to equip the children with essential skills to become self-reliant, responsible, and active contributing members in the community.
We are looking to raise $200,000 for the event as this event wholly depends on helping the children's education. Our foundation alone cannot achieve this goal without the help of charitable individuals and companies like yours, which brings us to the intent of this campaign.
One of the most meaningful and satisfying projects, training them to create and making things with their own hands and expressing themselves through some form of art, whether it be through batik, printing, drawing, illustrating or knitting.
Our community is currently facing serious issues that our foundation is constantly trying to help with. While we are giving our best efforts, we still need help from individuals and companies to meet our goals. Your help is very crucial to our longstanding efforts in solving the problem these neglected, abused or abandoned children are facing.
The foundation aims to empower the children through Arts & Crafts, and create a safe community for children who are suffering from mental illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and substance abuse among others. By understanding what their emotions are, the more they were able to channel them in constructive ways. Through Art and Crafts, we can help the children find joy, peace & happiness.
Although this is our first public campaign, this noble work has been going on for over 12 years by One Man Only, Carrying The Load & Heavy Burden. Prabaswara Tista Thani Orphanage Foundation is a completely non-profit organization and is not going to take a single amount of money raised in this campaign.
We are looking for kind-hearted sponsors who are willing to help us achieve this goal. We are hoping that we could count on your support to make this campaign a success for both the foundation and to the beneficiaries of this campaign.
The goal of this campaign is to raise $200.000. Your donations will go directly to securing a new training facility, purchasing art supplies, the roots project (art of making natural inks, non-toxic inks with natural ingredients such as leaves, bark, spices and petals), and leadership training with over 57 children and many more coming to receive essential services and home school supplies. The program has a number of strengths that will greatly help the children.
- Natural dyes also have antimicrobial properties, making them safer for kids in particular. Additionally, natural dyes neither contain harmful chemicals nor carcinogenic components, common to artificial or synthetic dyes.
- The program will help the children to have more emotional freedom. Removes a lot of the stress of the normal classroom. There is no need to try to ‘fit in’ and give into peer pressure. There are no cases of bullying, drugs, being ostracized and all the other social pressures, and become happier and more emotionally mature.
- The program will help the children not to be socially isolated. This program will also help the children to learn social skills and lots of opportunities for them to do extra activities with other kids. They will more than likely have plenty of friends by working together.
- They can learn at their own pace and make faster progress. It will help the children avoids confusion in learning as the kids get one-on-one tutoring. They learn autonomy in learning and are not as emotionally and intellectually dependent as the public school kids.
- Their special needs are catered for. ADHD children have to suffer all sorts of prejudice and obstacles. This program will help a child’s sensitivity, they special needs are never forgotten and s/he is always the number one priority.
- The children will be happier and more productive. They will be much more active in community and social life than their public school counterparts.
- They will be more independent. The program will help the children to be much more independent in their approach to life and learning. They will never felt the need to follow the crowd, and this served them well in regard to having to solve learning problems, they will be much more independent in seeking out the answers themselves.
- The program will encourage the children to actively participate in group activities. It will help the children learn valuable lessons about teamwork through these activities.
- The program will emphasize perseverance because the best leaders learn to handle failure as gracefully as they handle success. It’s important to expose future leaders to disappointment rather than protecting them from it. Children need to learn to handle the loss and move forward when the other team wins or someone else is elected as a group leader.
- The program will help the children in building negotiation skills. Every good leader knows the art of compromise. Instead of giving the children a firm “Yes” or “No” to a request, make an offer and allow them to counter that offer by offering solid points. Teach them negotiation skills like never giving up something without asking for something else in return.
- The program will hone the children decision-making abilities. Children should learn how to make good decisions as early in life as possible. Because children become overwhelmed by too many choices, narrow down the options to two or three, whether a child is deciding on afternoon activities or a movie to watch. The program will teach the children to weigh the pros and cons of each option in order to make the most informed decision possible. This will help them to make correct decisions in everyday life.
- The program will help the children to practice confident communication. Allow the children to go to a restaurant and speak directly to servers. Allowing them to order and speak directly to servers will help them gain confidence in themselves and be able to communicate what they need.
- The program will teach project planning skills. One fun way to teach children goal-setting is through the use of vision boards. They’ll have fun cutting out pictures and arranging them on a board, and in the process they will learn how to plan and visualize what they want to achieve.
Any leftover funds will be used by the Foundation to provide technical & livelihood skills training to equip the children with essential life-skills such as (Hair Dressing & Beauty Salon for the young teenage girls), education & social services, medical & dental services, character building and food budget.
We are committed to giving these children a fun & inspirational experience through creating & expressing their emotions through Arts and Crafts. Even if we fall short of our campaign, we will still provide for as many children as equally as possible.
Would you consider making a kind donation to help sponsor this good cause? In doing so, you will be helping us a lot. In gratitude for the help you will provide, we will invite you to visit the new training facility and receive special gifts from the children.
We would greatly appreciate your donation in helping us achieve our goals of solving the problem as mentioned above. Rest assured that your donation will be used for a good cause. Even a small donation can go a long way in helping us.
On behalf of the whole Prabaswara Tista Thani Orphanage Foundation, we thank you for your continued support. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
We offer our most heartfelt gratitude for your donation and hope to see you grace our good cause.
Prabaswara Tista Thani Orphanage Foundation
- Prabasthani Foundation
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'Art & Craft Projects for The Kids'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'Art & Craft Projects for The Kids'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign