[Image: Get My Kids Back!]

About This Campaign

My goal is to raise enough money to secure a lawyer to help me fight for custody of my children. I have 2 boys, ages 10 and 6. My ex-wife left the state of (Ohio) and moved to Florida with them before we were divorced. The divorce granted custody of the children to her.

What the court did not know at the time (and neither did I) is how unstable she actually was. In 2 years I have records that show she has lived at at least 5 different addresses. There is public record of 2 evictions and I have talked to 2 of her other landlords who said they made her leave due to non-payment. She also has not maintained steady employment. Because of this I am to provide 60% of the cost of raising them, health insurance, 73% of medical bills and transportation and additional expenses when it is my visitation time.

I have talked to a few lawyers and a couple of individuals who have been through custody battles and they all agree that I have more than enough proof to win custody. The problem is I do not have the money to afford a lawyer. Most lawyers want at least a $2,500 retainer fee and a deposit on top of that. I plan to use any money raised to help with this cost to fight for my kids. I have been there for them since day one and refuse to let them live such an unstable lifestyle. Any help, whether you donate a small sum or share this cause with your friends is appreciated. Thank You!

I also plan to put set up a webpage that breaks down the costs associated with my case and a Twitter feed which gives status updates on the case once I get it moving. I want to be as transparent as possible. And maybe I can be an inspiration to other single dads in the same situation. Thanks again!

I will be setting up a webpage to display some of the activities that have led to this event. I also have set up an email address for people to contact me with comments, questions and suggestions. I am open to all ideas to help me raise more funds so feel free to comment. Email me at ohiodad330@gmail.com. Also, if you would like to skype, send me a message and we can set up a time. Thanks.

Link to court activities within the last 2 years: http://courts.mahoningcountyoh.gov/pa/pa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?31583281

I apologize for the lack of updates, I have been very busy lately and still have been moving things along with my kids. Paperwork has been filed to domesticate the original custody order and service has been completed. I am still waiting for the updates to the case file on the county website. Progress can be followed here:

Hillsborough County Courts

donated of $2,500.00 goal

33% Funded

Funding Expired

Project by

[Image: segreen83]


Sean Green

Akron, United States

Send a message

  1. Updated posted by segreen83 On Oct 18, 2013

    Thank You for Helping This Move Forward!

    Thanks to everyone who donated to my cause or just shared my page, it really means a lot to me. Now I will be able to domesticate the original custody order in FL. I plan to have the paperwork filed by Tuesday, 10/22/13. I'll keep adding updates as things progress.

    I must admit I was skeptical about this site at first, but now it could prove to be a life changer for me and for my kids. I sometimes get that seed of doubt when times are rough and it is nice to know that there are people out there that are able to refresh me with hope and positivity. THANKS AGAIN!


    Please login to post comment

  2. Updated posted by segreen83 On Oct 08, 2013

    Step 1- Moving Forward

    I plan to file a petition to domesticate my judgement order in Hillsborough County, FL, so that the custody order will be enforceable. The filing fee $300 plus $60 for process service. I have completed the necessary paperwork and am trying to raise the rest of the funds to move forward with the filing. I am halfway there. Thanks for the donations!


    Once the original judgement order is recognized by the state of Florida, I plan to move forward with my motion to change custody, with or without the help of a lawyer. This will be primarily based upon finances, however I refuse to sit and wait until I have money for a lawyer and will proceed Pro Se if necessary. This should cut down on the amount of mon...


    Please login to post comment