If you’re thinking of raising money online, PayPal is the natural option for many. Most of us have an account and you’ve probably seen those PayPal donate buttons dotted around the Internet.
However, before you start a PayPal fundraising campaign, take a look at this infographic we’ve created.
It explains how to create your PayPal donate button, some key PayPal fundraising tips and why you might want to consider connecting your PayPal account to GoGetFunding to maximize your fundraising potential instead of going at it alone:
Infographic Plain Text & Sources
2 Ways to Fundraise with PayPal:
Login to your PayPal account and navigate to ‘Tools’ > ‘Payment Buttons’ > ‘Create a New Button’.
Then generate your donate button code and embed that on your website or blog.
- You will only incur the PayPal fee
- Option to set fixed or flexible contribution amounts
- Button can be somewhat customized
Connect your PayPal account to GoGetFunding.com. Here’s how it works:
Benefit from a full suite of fundraising tools that will help you raise more money online.
- Have your own fundraising page with attractive donation tally & target
- Supports comments, updates, rewards, followers & more
- Embed a wide variety of widgets onto your website or blog
- Customise colors, look & feel, checkout process, URL and more
- Enable additional payment processors for maximum flexibility
- Create a fundraising team & assign roles
- Upload pictures and video
- Get 1-to-1 help from a personal fundraising coach
- Enjoy industry low fees
- & much more
Whenever raising money with PayPal, to prevent fundraising interruptions, beware of the following:
PayPal can limit accounts that experience a sudden influx of money. Make sure you lift receiving limits on your account beforehand.
Upgrade to a Premier or Business PayPal account (both free) to ensure donors can pay with credit & debit cards in addition to PayPal
Make sure that the currency you raise money in is enabled in your PayPal account.
Four Fascinating PayPal Statistics:
1) Fundraising pages that enable PayPal in addition to our credit / debit card processing raise more than those who don’t
2) In 2014, PayPal’s payment volume stood at $235 Billion. That’s more than the annual GDP of countries such as Ireland, Finland and Sri Lanka!
3) PayPal’s 165 million active customers are create a population greater than Russia (142 million)
4) Around a quarter of PayPal’s payments were processed on mobile and this is where PayPal continue to innovative with the introduction of features such as One Touch – allowing people to pay with a single touch on their smartphone
PayPal is a very popular option with both organizers and donors for making and receiving payments online.
As a result, it should be part of your fundraising efforts to make sure you raise the most money possible.
Would you prefer to connect your PayPal account to GoGetFunding to supercharge your fundraising efforts? Get started here >
Or if you would like to connect with one of our personal fundraising coaches before you get started, you can do that here >