GET A FREE 2017 PRINTABLE CALENDAR WHEN YOU DONATE!
Zorro, my toy Pomeranian, urgently needs surgery on his collapsed trachea. He is only three years old and we love him to bits - he's very much a part of the family and we can't imagine life without him. He is currently on medication but, while it's helping a bit, his condition has reached the point where it's become an emergency situation. Unfortunately it's too costly and time is really of the essence as he's struggling to breathe.
He came to us as a rescue when he was 8 months old. As his condition is pre-existing, pet medical aid will unfortunately not cover it.
Zorro came home on Sunday (he was doing so well that the vet discharged him a day early). I'm so proud of him! He needs to be kept calm (no play, running, jumping or anything of the sort) but is being quite a handful! Hehehehehehe! He's just too cute for words. He'll be getting his stitches out on Wednesday and I just need to keep him from scratching them. The good news is that this itchiness is a sign of healing.
The specialist surgeon scoped Zorro this morning and found that he has a paralysed larynx. This is a critical condition and they needed to operate to open up the airway so that he can have a chance. His trachea appeared fine. The surgery has an 80% prognosis with the biggest issue being that he could breath in his food in 20% of the time. If we didn't do the surgery he could've gotten progressively worse and possibly suffocated. They went straight into theatre with him. The cartilage of the larynx was very soft and hopefully will hold the suture. The surgeon has looked down the mouth and so far it looks good. He will send me a message tomorrow to let me know how he is doing. The next 24 hours are critical. Meanwhile, I've been to see him and he's not very active and is groggy but looks a lot better than I expected him to be. He's currently on a drip and, best thing of all, his tongue was a whole lot pinker than I've ever seen it in a long time.
So the campaign has expired and the goal was not achieved. However, I have transferred the funds to my own account from PayPal, I am waiting for the money to show up and, once reflecting, I will transfer everything to the veterinary hospital's account.
Meanwhile, I have been in contact with the Foxies Fund and they have transferred a good sized amount on Zorro's behalf to the veterinary hospital on Thursday last week.
Once I have transferred to the vet's bank account, I will find out what the balance is and see if I can't put in the amount myself. I'm holding thumbs that I can afford to do it.....
Thank you so much for your support in helping to save my precious ball of fur's life!
Thank you so much for the donations received so far, it is HUGELY appreciated!!! Please do keep sharing so that we can gain momentum. <3
I've requested a report from Dr Mudie for me to display on this page. This is so that I can provide proof that my request is a legitimate one. It will be coming sometime this week.
I took Zorro for a walk today and he wasn't doing well with his breathing. :-( I will take a video next time so you can listen to how he sounds when he's not in relaxed mode. Also, his barking seems to be deeper than normal.
Zorro came home on Sunday (he was doing so well that the vet discharged him a day early). I'm so proud of him! He needs to be kept calm (no play, running, jumping or anything of the sort) but is being quite a handful! Hehehehehehe! He's just too …
Hi all,The specialist surgeon scoped Zorro this morning and found that he has a paralysed larynx. This is a critical condition and they needed to operate to open up the airway so that he can have a chance. His trachea appeared fine. The surgery has a…