₪600.00raised of ₪2,000,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
We would love to establish a unique Rehabilitation Social Farm based on permaculture which will also function as a Veterinary Rehabilitation Center.
Who is it for?
Youth between the ages of 14-19 that:
- Have special educational needs,
- Are excluded from school,
- `Are on the autism spectrum,
- Are rehabilitating from drug or alcohol addiction,
And animals who are injured or traumatized.
What is Permaculture?
It is a natural way of farming:
- Permaculture gives a way to achieve high yields and productivity while doing it in a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly way than conventional farming methods capturing resources like rainwater or solar electricity.
- Permaculture is an innovative framework for creating sustainable ways of living.
- It is a practical method of developing ecologically harmonious, efficient and productive systems that can be used by anyone, anywhere.
- Permaculture is a system for designing agricultural landscapes that work with nature instead of against it.
Why combining social work with Farming and Animal care?
- Active youth have no time to get into trouble.
- The youth gets a sense of responsibility and maturity.
- The youth gets to experience other fields of work.
- The youth gain confidence and self-fulfillment.
- Working with nature balances and bring happiness.
- Experience nature and sustainable food production.
- Develops autonomy and personal growth.
Added value that the farm will offer:
Many youth who do not find their place in the various social and educational structures and cycles often find themselves being thrown out on the street without any foundation or support and guidance. Therefore, ZION CARE FARM will give them a place to JUST BE THEMSELVES.
- The youth will accumulate elementary tools to ensure they have something to lean on in adulthood. these tools will pave the way for the youth to live with the new norm in a world of crises such as COVID-19.
- These tools will be spiritual and practical in nature:
- The spiritual instruments will take place in the form of art, such as: Fine arts and Preforming arts, writing and yoga courses.
- The practical tools are used by the everyday gradient of agriculture, planting, animal-care, natural cosmetics, cooking, repairing equipment in the wood and metal workshop, natural building, and financial management.
- The relationship with the youth will be at eye level while building a system tailored to their personal needs.
- The youth will have the option to live in the farm and make a stable home for themselves.
- The youth will get to meet others in their situation and learn that they are not alone.
Products and services:
To achieve stable management and farm life, local organic delicacies such as Hummus and Amba will be produced and sold on the farm. The farm will be self-sufficient for its residents through its farm yields. All surplus yields will be sold in the farm's supermarket and delivered to customers.
Why Animal rehabilitation?
We believe that every animal has a soul and has the right to live.
57% of all animals are or will be injured by man, 19% suffer from varies Illnesses, 9% struggle with Infectious, and just 15% are actually healthy.
Through human modernization, the life cycle of animals has changed, and just as we destroy animals, natural habitats and cause vulnerability, so too are we able to rehabilitate and preserve. With the help of the tools invented by humans, we can return to nature some of what we have taken.
Many people in the world abandon their animals when they are no longer "functioning" as they used to, adding to their suffering. ZION CARE FARM will treat these injured, sick, orphaned, and distressed animals and offer first aid, supportive care, exercise, and retraining. our goal is releasing them back into their natural habitat or of finding them a new home.
It is very simple actually..
Our childhood experiences were not simple. We, too, found ourselves ejected from the frameworks that did not suit us. We were abused and neglected, the violence against us led to illness and a sense of doom. If we can give one soul the stability, support and guidance, warmth and understanding at eye level, without judging and labeling, if we can "save" one soul, open its head to other possibilities, show that there are other ways the world exists, then we will know we have done something good.
For us, establishing Zion is a dream, a task, and closing a circle.
- Anna Julia Pepper Selow
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet