What does the work of 1 volunteer give?
In 2015 we started to host international volunteers, then we had 1 volunteer. Now we have the opportunity to accept 12 volunteers in 3 years, but for this we need support!
Total project amount: 61 506.42 EUR 80% of which is pre-financed by Erasmus+, however co-funding of the remaining 20% is required.Now, in 2020 June, to finish project we need to found co-funding 1660 EUR. We have 784 EUR now, and need 876 EUR to collect.
The aim of the project is to systematically promote social involvement among young people and extending the impact of Voluntary work in Latvia.
Statistics demonstrate that Latvian children and youth aged 16-24 years and 25-29 years are at 33.5% and 18.7% risk respectively to live in poverty or social exclusion. Fifteen percent of Latvian 15-29 year-olds are not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET), in other words approximately 63 000 young people in Latvia are currently not involved neither in employment or education.
The aim of the project is to systematically promote social involvement among young people and extending the impact of voluntary work in Latvia by organizing the sequence of activities for 1604 persons (children and young people from 6 to 30 years old) in the time period from 1st September 2017 to 31st August 2020 and through it to promote social inclusion of young people in society.
The project will contribute to young people's social inclusion. For volunteers, through the opportunity to develop their competences and expand general knowledge. For target audience through participation in various activities that will be organized within this project.
The following will be implemented:
• 12 international volunteers work
• 12 local volunteers work
• Volunteer support and training activities
• Family sports day
• Support young people to involve in EVS in other countries
• Weekly activities for children and youth
• Campaign "I choose life!" in schools
• Study of the greatest challenges in career choices for young people
• Study of the biggest challenges in the process of raising children
• Youth Camps for development of 8 lifelong competencies https://www.facebook.com/maranafacamp/videos/24681...
• "Master Guide" camp for youth workers
• NEET young people's involvement in voluntary work
• 39 Thematic events
All activities will be using alternative education methods - workshops, master classes, games, discussions, learning from experience and experience exchange, mentoring, etc.
Overall, the project will result in increased levels of social inclusion and reduce poverty and social exclusion among young people, and also extend voluntary work influence in Latvia.
Results of the project and the experience gained will be shared with young people, potential volunteers, and NGO leaders, by this promoting voluntary work and youth initiatives in Europe in the long term.
WHAT DO YOU NEED MONEY FOR?
- Arrival of volunteers (visa, tickets)
- Accommodation (room rental, food, local transport for volunteers)
- Materials for activities
- Project coordinator salary (average salary in the city-862 euros, coordinator salary-362 euros)
Volunteers support and training activities (English subtitles available):
Family sports day 2019: