Yasmeen Khidmatul Maskeen Trust, YKMT was registered as a non profit NGO in 1988 in Karachi Pakistan.
Aims and objectives:
1) During the last 24 years, YKMT has delivered to thousands of patients and beneficiaries and continues to play a vital role to facilitate HEALTH CARE SERVICES in the following Government institutions.
> OJHA (Institute of chest diseases and T.B) which accommodates around 300 female and male patients
> Civil hospital:
- Orthopedic Ward
- Gynae Ward
- Labour Room
- Paediatric Ward
- Surgical O.T (14 operation theatres that holds 50-60 operations daily)
> Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center (JPMC)
- Medical Unit I - ward #5 - A & B
- National Poison Control Center
- Cancer Ward
The trust provides free of cost day to day and emergency medical supplies such as life-saving drugs, medical equipment, devices and medical machines, treatment equipment, life support equipment, blood for transfusion, clean water supply, food items according to the patient’s requirement, clothing and other necessary items.
The trust also undertakes renovation and repair projects at different wards under the Collaboration of the hospital management to improve existing conditions.
Daily Emergency needs are fulfilled on managements request beside other healthcare infra-structural support.
It is a matter of great pride that YKMT has been chosen and trusted by the Hospital Administration to supplement Medical needs of the patients and Improving Health care facilities.
2) YKMT takes due diligence in providing food packages and supplies to the homeless in the poverty-stricken pockets of karachi.
3) YKMT provides emergency needs, food items, books, clothing, basic toiletries, medical supplies to over more than 350 juveniles in correction centres and to about 100 women with their children, in women's jail.
Approach and Mechanism:
YKMT has expanded over the years through networking and participatory approach of devoted volunteers under the leadership of Yasmeen Sami. The committed team members take responsibility of generating required funds for their assigned projects. Moreover the trust greatly depends on donations and charity campaigns carried out through networking initiatives and through our associated sponsors.
Besides volunteers’ time and skill contribution, YKMT acknowledges the effort of a sizeable regular staff and it maintains two vehicles received in donation to ensure smooth flow and delivery of the services.
Today, YKMT, is pleased to have acquired a well reputed recognition earned over a period of time among its beneficiaries, partners and donors. We stay engaged in delivering services under the devoted leadership, dedicated team and sincere volunteers.
We extend our gratitude towards your generous contribution.