Every single month hundreds of healthy dogs, some puppies, are being killed in public shelters throughout Romania. Their life in these Hell holes is horrendous - a living nightmare where all hope is lost. The dogs are routinely tortured, starved to death and generally abused. Sick and injured dogs are ignored and left to suffer and the weak are are preyed upon as cannibalism takes over. Other dogs look on knowing that soon it will be their turn! This is the reality of public shelters in Romania. Can you imagine the horror and fear? We want to change this...
My UK registered charity (number 1120275), West Yorkshire Animals In Need, and a Romanian NGO, SOS ARMS run by the well respected rescuer Georgiana Neagu, are desperately trying to change this cruel and barbaric situation.
Our aim is to buy a parcel of land in rural Romania for Georgiana and build a large shelter to take dogs from two of the most notorious public shelters - Fagaras and Avrig.
We desperately need your help in order to achieve this and provide a safe haven for dogs in desperate need for many, many years to come. Please be a part of this important project and help these poor dogs to a better life.
Just look at the fear and desperation in the eyes of these poor dogs...
West Yorkshire Animals In Need, a well respected UK registered charity (number 1120275) concerned with animal welfare issues. WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS! Please take a look at our website http://wyain.myfreesites.net and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1676098575981427/ to get a flavour of what we do.
Let me give you some further information on my charity West Yorkshire Animals In Need...
West Yorkshire Animals In Need, WYAIN, is an independent small, but perfectly formed, UK registered animal welfare charity and was founded in 2007 by animal lovers Tommi and Oliver Townsend who have devoted their lives to helping animals. WYAIN has gained an enviable reputation throughout the world and are proud of the fact that the charity is run entirely by volunteers.
WYAIN will try to help any animal in need wherever they are - animals do not have postcodes! Whether it's helping donkeys in India, dogs in Romania, cats in Egypt and animals in the UK.
We will be there to offer any help and advice we can. The animal is always our priority and WYAIN...
- helps hundreds of animals worldwide every year...dogs, cats, donkeys, horses, rabbits and the list goes on;
- offers help, advice and support to other animal welfare groups and to the public;
- has a strict 'NO KILL' policy;
- insists on a strict neutering policy;
- helps to save dogs and cats from social media advertisements 'Free to Good Home' where they could be used as bait in dog fights;
- offers sanctuary to 27 long term resident cats who would otherwise have been euthanised due to health/ mental issues;
- looks after six feral cat colonies;
- encourages and protects wildlife habitat with an extensive garden devoted to attracting wildlife;
- campaign, lobby and petition vigorously to improve animal welfare worldwide.
- organises 'DRIVES' for various items such as dog coats, dog collars, knitted dog jumpers, fly veils, noseband protectors, stockings, socks and such like. WYAIN then send the items to the rescues who need them free of charge anywhere in the world. This helps thousands of animals every year survive and improve their quality of life.
We have a 'DONATION MATCH' in place up to £9,000 so every single donation will be doubled...this is a great opportunity not to be missed!
WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS AS WELL SO 100% OF YOUR DONATION GOES DIRECTLY TO THIS CAUSE.
You can follow Georgiana Neagu and the amazing rescues her NGO 'SOS ARMS' undertakes by clicking this link...https://www.facebook.com/georgiana.neagu.16?fref=n...
Please be a part of this story and donate to make this project happen - for the dogs!
Without YOUR help we can't purchase property/ land and make the difference needed to save hundreds of dogs in desperate situations. All dogs deserve the chance to live and be happy like this family, a shy mum with her four adorable puppies, recently rescued by Georgiana Neagu and her NGO, SOS ARMS, and funded by West Yorkshire Animals In Need...
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR CARING - IT'S VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!