While the idea of discovery still drives the romantic imagination, travel has evolved towards experiences that engage, surprise and transform.
So naturally when we’re not tracking lions, we get our kicks from traveling around KwaZulu Natal (South Africa) and finding passionate locals who are creating interesting experiences. Using our knowhow, we synthesise these experiences to ensure that they are tourism ready. Sustainability, to us, means giving small business market access and ensuring that they can keep doing what they are passionate about. Travellers, as a result, can engage with authentic experiences that directly impacts the lives of locals and small business.
THE PANDEMIC: With tourism being off limits until elephants learn to fly, we've got a bit of time on our hands. During this period our priority is to get our team ready to counteract the effects of the lockdown.
WHAT WILL THE FUNDS BE USED FOR:
- To ensure that our guides and owner run partners come out of the lockdown intact
- Development of travel experiences that are aligned with domestic tourism, after all our borders are still closed. This will allow our guides and partners to start trading again.
- We will allocate a proportion of the funds towards content creation (videography, photography) as part of our digital marketing strategy to build an audience and reinforce our brand.
- Something to get excited about is the development of an affordable, instagramable and authentic safari under the stars experience at our favourite Big 5 Game Reserve which will be available to you.
UBUNTU — I am because we are
SHOWING YOU SOME LOVE BACK: As a thank you, we will be offering our funders rewards against all our experiences over the next 2 years. The value of your donation will also be redeemable (in full) against any of our tours and services featured on the Wild Routes Africa website. All rewards are transferable. Rewards expire on the 30th June 2022.
STAY IN THE LOOP: We will be updating our social media, in particular Instagram, to keep all you lovely people in the loop with our developments and get you excited about you next trip to redeem your rewards.
- INSTAGRAM — https://www.instagram.com/wildroutesafrica/
- FACEBOOK — https://www.facebook.com/wildroutesafrica/