This year, I'm running a School and Computer tanning center for rural poor student fundraise for the Dhanarangi Mahuya Welfare Society(DMWS), an NGO which believes that Indian children living in extreme poverty can build a brighter, more sustainable future when they have access to quality education, healthcare and sport. With your support, we can make a difference, one child at a time.
Today, approximately 30% of Indian’s population live on less than $2 per day. Consequently, children often work long hours outside school, or are taken out of school completely in order to help financially support their family.
DMWS offers a fast-track education program to almost 135 disadvantaged students living in India’s Bankura and Purulia, who have either never been to school or who have had to drop out due to extreme poverty. Its program condenses two years of education into one year to enable students to ‘catch up’ to the correct grade for their age and enter state school after completion. Once enrolled in state school, DMWS offers students ongoing support to complete their primary and secondary education. DMWS also believe that valuable life lessons and opportunities can be found outside the classroom.
DMWS's inclusive football program comprises almost 60 young girl players of all abilities. They offer weekly training sessions and integrate social impact training, covering topics such as substance abuse, gender equality, children’s rights and many more relevant issues related to the communities where they work. In addition, DMWS runs a number of annual tournaments, festivals and a youth league.
The more we raise, the bigger the impact we'll make.
- US$15 can provide a family with a monthly food parcel and help ensure that children can remain in school
- US$20 can pay for educational materials and stationary for one student for one year
- US$4000 can buy 10 computer and Furniture for student.
- US$120 can provide monthly food parcels for a family for one year
- US$170 can provide breakfast and lunch (Monday-Saturday) for one student for one year
- US$500 can provide football kits for a football team of 25 players
- US$1,600 can give a child catch-up education, nutrition, medical care and support for one year
- US$1,600 can pay for a part-time local teacher for our Computer Education Program for one year
- US$735 can sponsor a football team for one year
- Every donation counts and will enable us to help change the lives of disadvantaged Idian children through computer education, healthcare and sport.