Hey everyone, :)
I am Garry, from Hungary and I am a 20 years old university student, who experienced the beauty of volunteering in this summer, in Egypt and since I came back to Budapest I just want to go back to North Africa to help for those who need it. This is why I am planning to go to Morocco in the next summer.
Most of you heard about the UN goals like: zero hunger, gender equality, good health and well-being and so on.
These problems are in Morocco also, just mention few of them:
- The population of Morocco increase from year to year, currently 35 million people live there.
- 60% of the citizens live in cities
- The official languages are Arabic and French, although only 30-40% of the people can speak French.
- There are still nomadic and half-nomadic families.
- 44% of the population of the families above the age 15 can read and write.
- Many of them living on less 1$ per day.
- Thausends of children have to work nowadays as well.
- The marriage is still allowed under 18 years.
As you see there are really important issues in Morocco also, this is why we want to help for them and change few lives and give them the opportunity to grow up in a better, more comfortable world.
How would it work?
From Casablanca with the local volunteers – and other foreign volunteers – we will visit some places like: orphanage, poor areas of the country side, schools, hospitals. We will bring them what they really need: basic, general equipments – for example for studying, and we will draw smileys to their faces because we will spend great time with them. We will be in groups:
- There will be people for helping the adults like fixing their homes, talk about serious topics like: family planing, finance, health, the importance of global issues.
- There will be a group of people for the kids also: they will give them toys, they will play with them and they will teach as well.
This is the plan for the summer but as you see it needs a lot of supports. We already have volunteers who will spend just in one place weeks to teach or to help but we will visit them also because they need our help to handle to whole project.
How much does your support mean?
It means for us a lot and you can not imagine how much it means for them. More support means more visited places with your generous help. There are general costs like transportation of the stuff, rented car and so on but the main costs would be the clothes, the equipments&gifts like: balls, games, books, school equipments, and general house equipments like bed, cupboard… The number that we would like to achieve is a symbolic number, because if we can rock it, then we will continue this in Algeria and so on. We are ready to act! Any help is help so I hope you can help in our project. :)
Thank you for your kind attention! :)
http://www.africaw.com/morocco-today-major-issues-and-challenges and university lectures