My name is Vojtech Dlouhy and I’m originally from Liberec in the Czech Republic. I had recently an eye-opening adventure where I truly realized that I have to change my lifestyle that I lived so far. Therefore I have started my internship in non-profit company Worldview Impact Foundation (WIF) in London.
I’m going to live my new rediscovered dream – that’s to help those in need. I will live closely with local communities in Meghalaya, North-East India for six months starting by March 2014. I will help out with building village for poor people living in this part of India.
STRUCTURE OF MY VOLUNTEERING
1. Volunteer close to local communities in Ri-Bhoi District, in the North of the capital city Shillong
2. Help out with building eco village that will be only from local natural materials and combined with modern technologies of renewable energy systems as solar collectors, wind turbines, rainwater collection systems and biomass heating plant, perfectly in harmony with local landscape
3. Expand local plantation through terracing, hole digging and planting of rubber trees and pineapples and thus to create new green jobs and sustainable livelihoods for villagers
4. Help out with building food processing plant for pineapples, bananas, oranges and ensure more distributional variants of these products as e.g. 100% organic juices, jellies, jams etc.
5. Visit a few primary and secondary schools in Meghalaya, Manipur and Nagaland, talk with kids about their homes, needs, dreams, future and also tell them stories about my country and Europe
6. Conduct my own research about the possibility to link my home university with local schools via cross-border exchange programs for students as a proper way to increase awareness about Meghalaya and India in general and to build and develop capacity of young people
I would like to ask if you would kindly consider supporting my decision and contributing towards my travel expenses as tickets, visa and vaccination. Any donation will help me very much.
Sometimes you don’t have anything else except your dream. This is one of my dreams and I need your help to make it come true.
Thank you so much!