It became imperative to adress the issues of poverty, unemployment, abuse of woman and children, family violence, gangsterism, alcohol and drug abuse. in 2010 I committed myself to at least to try and do something in adressing that were mentioned.
Im volunteering at a Non-Profit Organisation called "The Samaritan" im managing numerous projects within the community but lack financially to run these projects. It is only through the Grace of God and kind donations from individuals, that we are able to sustain these projects.
The projects that im running is:-
Adventure Club - We have regular excursions to the Nature conservation sites in and around the Cape Town municipal area.
School Holiday Programmes - We teach life skills through sports and play.
1. Experiential Learning Games:- Games that are played where you develop life skill knowledge and values
- Experience the games
- Reflect on the games
- Learning from your experiences
- Trying out what you have learned
2. Fun Games:- Games that you play just to have fun
3. Teachable Moments:- This happens within any game. When you notice that something happened where a group or an individual can learn, you stop the game and ask questions like, what did you do wrong? What can you learn from it? How can you apply that what you have learned in your own life?
Rugby Coaching:- Coaching rugby after School at a primary School in my community.
Substance Abuse Empowerment project ( Through Life skills training and assist with youth development )
Cape Town has a huge problem when it comes to substance abuse. Unemployment is not so much the problem but “idleness”. The famous phrase in Afrikaans is, “ledigheid is die duiwel se oorkussing”. Idleness is the parent of vice. I use the above mentioned interventions to combat substance abuse and idleness.
DONATIONS OF ANY KIND WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
May God bless you!