Hi, My name is SON LY; I am a U.S. citizen and currently living in Vietnam. I don't know how to start a campaign for fundraising, from that being said, I don't know if my campaign will success. Nevertheless, I do hope that it would be able to reach out to people that can help us to give support and feed those that are in need in Vietnam from this current Covid-19 Pandemic.
As we all may know from the beginning of 2020. Vietnam was one of the countries that were able to control the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic and able to reopen the country's economy quite fast. It was quite a sight to see that we are safe from the lockdown with strict restrictions on the quarantine policy implemented throughout the country.
However, the outbreak seems to have gotten worst since May of this year 2021. As of today Aug 5th, 2021, the case are still risen of reaching close to 3k cases a day with a total of more than 50,000 cases up to date and it is still rising. This current crisis affects not only SME's but most of the small local businesses that have gone out of business. With that being said, the cause and effect of these scenarios are creating huge problems throughout the country and Ho Chi Minh City is currently taking the most damage with many other providences.
- Poor Families: When the striction of lockdown was implemented for all cities and providences, people who couldn't get home in time became homeless because all cities are not allowing any entering or leaving access. Only giving priority to shipping businesses, food suppliers, and medical services are granted entries. It didn't end there, the poor family member/s will end up jobless as well due to a vast of local businesses went out of business. (Some current updates, we are notified that some providence areas can open its gate to allow people to go home. It's only some, not all. With the community and the government's help, the citizens were being provided with food and free gas for their journey home.)
- Quarantine Areas: Due to the number of cases kept on rising, the hospitals are full of capacity. Now the cities are running out of buildings to take in Covid (positive) patients. Therefore, they are building tents in some areas to place families and individuals. Some places do not have enough food supplies and currently, thanks to the community in other providences are so helpful and kind-hearted by shipping tons of foods to support the cause. These supporters are all self-funded, local charity groups, individual supporters, or family and friends (Like myself doing right now). However, the food is still not enough to go around in many places. With the overcapacity in all quarantine areas, many families have to be quarantined in their own homes including the whole neighborhood from the same street.
- Community Quarantine Areas: Most of these families are quite poor and has lack food supplies as well. They don't need money, they only need food. This is why many charity groups are teamed up to cook hot meals for these families and delivering dry food to be stored.
- Homeless & families that have no place to stay: From this current issues food are needed for these group of people. Sleeping on the sidewalks, alleyways, under the bridge, etc...Yes, that's where they usually sleep anyways but what I'm trying to do is that the numbers increase and there are a lot of young kids/children who require food. They don't have enough food are due to limited places to buy food, and even if they have money, it doesn't support them in any way.
***PLEASE SEE THE PICTURES FOR ALL OF THESE REFERENCES THAT MYSELF AND OTHERS HAVE TAKEN TO SHOW TO PEOPLE THAT WE NEED HELP FOR THE TIME BEING.***
My team & I just wanted to use this money to continue providing:
- Food supplies (Rice, Instant noodles, crackers, waters, etc...)
- Medical supplies (Masks, sanitizers, meds, etc..)
- Weekly meal prep deliveries (Cooked hot meals delivered in the morning/afternoon for families & individuals to eat, drinks, and fruits)
I will continue to update photos of all the hot meals that we have made and delivered on here and on other media channels.
We don't give cash unless they are the people whose living and roaming the streets. These people can still or might be able to use it to buy ramen or hot rice ball in the convenience store where some are still open.
A short story, where we met a 70+-year-old man during my routine drive to give food to those in need. (We were so concentrated on helping the guy and forgot to take pictures). He was going through the neighborhood to pick through the trash to find things to sells (Like bottles, cans, cardboard, etc...). So we stop next to him to give him food and as he taking the food package his hand was shaking (this is probably due to old age or it could be from his hunger). He was so happy and thanks us non-stop, he took the meal and went to eat right away. My girlfriend and I gave him some money to help him buy food. We asked where he lived, he said he lived in district 9, but mostly I sleep anywhere I can cause I don't have a home. This means he has no address, we meant to ask because we wanted to note it down to have people in our charity group from the nearby district support him. Due to no address, we can't do anything. Felt like crying. This is why we continue to do what we are doing. Providing whatever we can until this pandemic is over.
**WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR $5 DONATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL (IT IS OPTIONAL) SO THAT WE CAN SEND YOU THANK YOU VIDEOS OR PICTURES FROM THE PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE HELPED. THANK YOU!
- Your $5 dollar can help us make 4 meals to feed 4 people
- Your fund will also help us buy milk and other necessary supplies for the kids
I WANT TO THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THOSE WHO SUPPORT US, THIS NOT ONLY MEANS A LOT FOR THOSE IN NEED. TO ME YOUR DONATION SHOWS THAT YOU ARE A KIND-HEARTED PERSON THAT MY TEAM AND I AND OTHERS WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR CONTRIBUTION. THANK YOU!!!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY: Please put in the Subject line Vietnam Pandemic Fundraising Questions.
Email: [email protected]
We are also a team member of an NGO Association charity in Germany as well called "CHANCE TO GROW". My good friend is the chairman of this Association (PHILIPP SCHWAB). They're founded to support and help the Vietnamese children in Vietnam and people that are in need. They are also running a fundraising campaign for Vietnam Pandemic as well. Please support them as well.