V.I.G.E.R. project consists of the design and the development of a Visual Impaired Guide Enhanced Robot.
The starting idea came from daily needs of visual impaired and blind friends.
The final project scope is the production of a robot having the following features:
- going up and down stairs
- avoiding obstacles
- Wi-Fi data exchange with mobile devices
- direct or mobile devices driven global positioning system enhanced geolocation
- direct or mobile devices driven indoor positioning
- direct or mobile devices driven point of interest system
- best path choice with learning system (depending on: end user needs, weather condition, unforeseen architectural barriers, etc.)
- direct or mobile devices driven text to speech and speech recognition
- direct or mobile devices driven Braille devices support
- full daily duration of rechargeable batteries