My mother, aged 65 is the most amazing person in the world. She raised me and brother alone as our father passed away when we were teenagers and sacrificed everything for us to have the best education and prospects possible. She is warm, loving, selfless, courageous and also willing to help anyone in need without being asked to. She has been diagnosed with a porcelain gallbladder (i.e. almost all of the inside of her gall bladder is occupied by an immense gall stone) and needs to be urgently operates as she is in risk of her gall bladder rupturing and the occurence of septicaemie (blood poisoning). As it is a pre-existing condition the private health insurance refuses to cover any of the costs and her state health insurance only covers 75% of the costs. The amount below is the remaining 25% so that she can be operated on Friday, September 22nd. Due to the capital controls and crisis in Greece it is impossible to get any form of loan whether from a financial institution or relatives and friends. Both me and my brother are permanently employed so we can pay back the money that will be raised.