The University Innovation Fellows are part of a global movement to ensure that students gain the necessary attitudes, skills and knowledge required for them to compete in the economy of the future. These student leaders from schools around the country work with their peers to catalyze even greater levels of innovation and entrepreneurship activity on their campuses.
As part of their training, Fellows analyze their campus-area innovation & entrepreneurship ecosystems, learn from other campuses and put together action plans to address the gaps they perceive.
Our cohort demonstrated an amazing progress during their training and got invited to the Silicon Valley Meetup, starting Thursday, March 21 and ending Monday, March 25. They need your support to cover the last travel expenses.
Know more about this cohort:
- Felipe Alfonzo, Marketing
- Project name: Idea Platform Innovation Pipeline
- Project description: An Adaptable Community-Based Method for New Venture Development.
- Lianne Vega, Industrial Engineering
- Project name: Achieve
- Project description: Mentorship program where students can benefit from best entrepreneurial practices in order to ideate, validate and scale their business idea.
- Ashley Del Valle, Electrical Engineering
- Project name: WondeRUM
- Project description: A breath-taking Art & Engineering exhibit proposal. This exhibit will display innovative art pieces created with non-conventional art materials or techniques.
- Aníbal Betancourt, Mechanical Engineering
- Project name: Empower3D
- Project description: Mentorship program to develop ideas/products from a technical point of view.
- Donations will be used to pay for the hotel and transportation in California.
The program is run by Hasso Plattner Institute of Design (d.school) at Stanford University. The program was created as part of the National Center for Engineering Pathways to Innovation (Epicenter), funded by the National Science Foundation from 2011 to 2016 and directed by Stanford University and VentureWell. Learn more at the University Innovation Fellows website: http://universityinnovationfellows.org