KUZMANOV Foundation is a legal non-profit entity established in 2010. It is registered in public benefit and is dealing with the following activities: education, culture, social activities, sports, tourism and youth activities. Over the years we have conducted various social, educational and youth projects in Bulgaria and Europe, whereby we have touched many people - human lives and fortunately, in some cases, we have changed them for the better.
The Office of our organization is based in the second floor of a house. We use the space of the house and the wonderful garden around in our work with adults and children with special needs (autism, dyslexia, schizophrenia, panic attacks and other mental disorders). Under the roof of our office we are creating our various community initiatives which are described below in the text.
Our request is to support us in the repair of the roof of our office because all our proceeds go to the foundation's activities and we have no financial resources for repairs. Even our office is given free and we do not pay rent for it.
We will be grateful if support repair our roof to keep working with people in need to turn dreams into reality.
We would like to present some of the major activities of KUZMANOV Fundation not just for glory but to introduce us better so you to determine whether we deserve your support:
- Smile campaign is the latest initiative of our "Social activities" department working inpartnership with ILIYANADENT Ambulatory for individual primary dental care. People across the country will receive free primary examination, primary dental care and treatment - cleaning of tartar, treatment of gum disease (gingivitis, periodontitis) and other. Persons who will be involved in “Smile” campaign should be older than 18 years, who live with income per a family member below the minimum wage of BGN 420 per month. Minors are not eligible for this campaign as dental treatment for them is free and provided by the
-Teacher of the Year - Bulgaria 2016 campaign has been running since 2011. The initiative is different from all other similar initiatives in the country, as we have clear criteria for nomination and we do not take into consideration the Teacher’s territorial or trade union affiliation. We are looking for and distinguish Bulgarian educators according to their professional and personal qualities. Each teacher, parent, student, public person or citizen could nominate and tell us about a Teacher’s work in class and extracurricular activities. Bulgarian National Television is this year campaign media partner and the Award Winner Teacher Ceremony, the modern Bulgarian educators, was, as by tradition, on 25 th of May
- Voices Angelorum campaign, which aimed to raise funds to support youngsters (girls and boys) who have outstanding voice capabilities for choir singing but are not able to develop their talent because of financial reasons. The initiative was implemented jointly by Konstantin Kisimov State Musical Theatre and Cantilena Choir from the town of Veliko Tarnovo. The amount raised was allocated between three youngsters.
- Conducting of National Pedagogical Conferences, devoted to children with problems at school and collaboration with parents.They are 3successful National Pedagogic Conference on topics Good pedagogical practices, Work with parents and Troubled children at school.
- Bulgarian School Project. The set of Project activities is to create an environment which will improve communication between teachers, students, parents, local authorities and organizations, and innovative approaches for social engagement of children and young people from vulnerable groups. Someone to appreciate the talent of children at risk of failure (as those talents at the moment cannot be appreciated by the system of the Ministry of Education for external assessment). At the end of the project we have set our goal to attract and keep in the educational system children from vulnerable groups who are at risk of failure and subsequent social exclusion; to reduce teachers’ prejudices to work in a multicultural environment and build practical skills for better communication with parents; to empower students to fully and actively participate in school life and make decisions about activities and issues concerning themselves; to attract new parents in parents associations / school boards and their active participation in school activities, conflict resolution, keeping students at school, etc .; And last but not least to improve the communication between the business and local authorities for career guidance of students able to correspond to the business needs,) and NGOs (active civil society formation, volunteering, important local public causes support by students and
- Financial support of “Outsiders” youth football team – a team formed of students with oursupport. The boys are our “fareplay” ambassadors, reducing aggression by sport, and other
- Organizing and conducting of educational trips in the country and abroad for children and youngsters in which they become aware of the cultural and historical landmarks of our country, teamwork training and others.
- Conducting a series of workshops across the country, the topic is Prevention of aggression at school. The purpose of the workshops is to attract the attention of teachers and educators working with children to an evolving problem - aggression. Modern approaches to solve conflicts between children and students are presented. During the second part of the event a working group at municipal level is created in order to identify the most common forms of childhood aggression and subsequently create / update the municipal plan to combat aggression (verbal and nonverbal).
- Theatre theatre, please Project. Our Youth Activities department following its 2015 Christmas initiative supported the conduct of the XI International Youth Theatre Festival Ocean of Love which was housed by “Youth House” in the town of Pazardzhik. Twenty one amateur junior theatrical groups from the country and abroad made performances for the audiences of Pazardzhik from 1st to 5 th of April 2016. KUZMANOV Foundation established a worthy money reward to support student theatre, and the rewarded theatre group will continue to develop its theatre activities. Theatre troupe called "These" from the town of Stara Zagora won the prize for its experimental show "Migration of white whale" headed by
- The Old School initiative is created to attract public attention to the old, now unused buildings of Bulgarian schools. These centres of Bulgarian education, which for years, often more than a century, have preserved and developed Bulgarian education and culture.
The decision for creating the Old School initiative was taken during the 1st National Pedagogical Conference held in the town of Bansko, 30 th May – 1 st of June 2015, and was organised by KUZMANOV Foundation. We would like to attract followers and patriots in a Facebook-group and together to address institutions responsible for the protection of school buildings (The Ministry of Education, The Ministry of Culture, municipalities, etc.). And also to take the initiative for the preservation of old schools buildings and their eventual restoration at a later stage - in order to remain monuments for posterity.
- KUZMANOV Foundation works also with children with special needs. We provide counselling for parents of children with special needs; advise teachers on how to work better with pupils with special needs and emotional and behavioural problems; child psychotherapy; psychodiagnostics of children to appear before medical committees; counselling and psychotherapy of children who have been victims of violence; cognitive therapy of children with special needs; training courses.
- For two years touring across the country, we visited dozens of schools (kindergarten and schools) where we conducted hundreds of training courses for teachers, which we believe are extremely useful for their work of enlightenment. The trainings are associated with emotional and behavioural problems of children, children with special needs, prevention of aggression and many others.
More information about our organization could be found on our website: www.foundationkuzmanov.com