When I was a child, I couldn’t imagine any life greater than that of a farmer. Spending my days outdoors growing food that would feed my family, caring for animals that would provide milk and meat was a dream come true. I even didn’t mind helping my dad butcher and clean the rabbits we raised. (Eating them was another story!) I have always had a strong interest in animals and loved working with them, especially my goats. As a grown up, nothing has changed!
Triple H Farms will be located in a small subdivision of low to moderate income households. The farm will be a place where anyone can come for free information, seeds, seedlings, eggs, livestock etc. and some hands on help to get started growing food.Our ultimate goals are sustainable permaculture, free-range livestock husbandry, and education.
Our goals include:
- Breeding, selling livestock and eggs to local individuals, groups, and farmer’s markets
- Raising organically raised, grass fed livestock
- Providing the community with organically/locally grown produce
- Offering practical farming skills and services to the community Offering livestock boarding to local customers who do not have the room or facilities
Funds raised with this campaign will be used for:
- Purchase the necessary land
- Rain barrels to catch the rain for watering the crops.
- A composting bin. Free compost will be given to visitors.
- To purchase materials for raised planting beds, soil for beds, and drip irrigation parts.
- Livestock fencing and shelters
- A small greenhouse. The greenhouse will be used to extend the growing season, making it possible to grow warm weather crops in the winter. The greenhouse also provides space for growing plant starts that will be planted outside, giving veggies a head start on the growing seasons.
- An incubator for hatching chicks for the farm and customers.
- Raised planting beds - $180
- Soil for beds - $ 135 estimated
- Rain barrels - $100
- Compost bin - $150
- Irrigation materials - $ 110 estimated
- Greenhouse - $600
- Incubator - $200
- Land - $10,000
- Livestock fencing - $4,000
- Livestock shelters - $2,000
- Chicken supplies and shelter- $1,000
- Misc. garden and livestock supplies - $2,000
If my financial goal is not met, contributed funds will be used for:
- Rain barre
- lDrip irrigation materials
- Supplies to share with mentored growers
Why support Triple H Farms
Triple H Farms is more than a commercial enterprise to provide our family with food and a way of life. It is also an organic sustainable farming demonstration with educational and mentoring opportunities. And shopping at the Saturday morning farm stand will become a community building social event that will build memories. We aim to support our community with what they need and desire in fresh, sustainable foods.
Your donation supports small business, young family farmers, sustainable permaculture, cruelty-free animal husbandry, community building, and education. We were initially hoping for a microloan, and we are happy to reimburse anyone who can help us get started.
Thank you in advance for anything you can do. If you cannot contribute please support the farm by sharing this campaign with your friends on facebook or by email.