I have the opportunity to go on a trip of a lifetime to Croatia in the summer of 2020!!
A requirement of this trip is that I raise half of the money needed myself. My parents will pay the other half.
In this trip I will learn about the biodiversity of the locations I’m visiting and various research on wildlife such as birds, bats and other mammals and reptiles. As well as this I will also do a lot of marine work and dive depths to discover wildlife below. Me and my peers will visit beautiful locations such as Silba island and KRKA National Park. This trip and our research will help the government of Croatia learns and discover new things about its species
Skills I will learn on this trip:
- Attend lectures/workshops on biodiversity and conservation
- Learn about the biogeography of the Dinaric karst and mountains
- Explore unique cave flora and fauna
- Learn many different survey methods for freshwater fish, birds, snakes and mammals
- PADI Open water dive qualification
- Participate in Adriatic ecology course
- Help in estimating the health of sea grass
- Help in establishing No-take zones for fishing
- Learn to estimate population of endemic and endangered Nobel shell
- Learn to adapt to team work and experience its importance
As well as these amazing skills, the trip will help with an important component of my International Baccalaureate diploma.
This is a link to a detailed explanation of the whole trip from activities to the locations.
ps. you can also email me if you would like more information: