My name is Daniel and I am the owner of Travellor Project. What is Travellor Project you may ask? The aim of this project is simple: to showcase pictures from various places and by places I mean towns, cities, villages and everything related to those. I want to create a place where anyone can see pictures from places that they probably never heard about. It probably doesn't sound pretty interesting. I am pretty sure that there are thousands of websites and blogs on the web that do the exact same thing like I do. However, unlike them I have a small website, with places featured only from one country, Romania and a few from the outside.
Since it's inception, all the trips we're paid from my own pocket. Besides this, I had to maintain everything on my own and by that I mean maintaining the website, editing the pictures, sorting them, doing pictures, doing movies, editing movies, travelling, etc. Despite the fact that I used various advertising networks, believe me, I didn't (and I still don't) earn nothing from them. However, I didn't wanted to stop and the project it's still alive nowadays.
Since 2016, I visited more than a hundred places, 116 at this point, including cities, towns, villages and everything else. Creating a website full of pictures from all these places isn't easy. You will probably ask yourself what I will do with the money and why I need them to do this. After all it's just a travel website, right? Well, let me tell you why I need money for this project:
1. Getting a new domain. The first and foremost. As you can see, my website have a .cf domain. At first, it may look professional but it's not at all. My purpose it's to get a more professional domain so the exposure of this website could be increased, which means people will be able to find more details about these places.
2. Getting a new hosting. I am in need of a new hosting service that it's able to handle the amount of files I have. Also, getting a new hosting means I will be able to redo the design of the website making it more professional.
3. Getting a new photo camera. All of the pictures are made with a compact camera which is more than three years older. Because this camera was used in all of my trips and it was exposed to various things it means that it doesn't work like before. I expect it to go off one day forever and that's not what I want at all.
4. Getting a new video camera. Besides the photo camera, I have a secondary project that focus on videos with trains, trams, train stations and everything related to them. For now I use a mobile phone for filming but in some cases it proves to be inefficient. Having a video camera will help me achieving more high-quality videos.
5. Visiting new and interesting places. Besides those villages and towns I already visited, I want to visit more interesting places, places that I am pretty you will want to visit someday. I don't ask you to fund my trips but it will keep me motivated to visit more and more places in the future.
6. Motivation. The same thing like before, in order to be motivated to do something you need to be motivated with something. Although I didn't wanted to request money from anyone with this project the time has come to do that.
This is what I want to do for this project and I think that 1200€ will be enough to fulfill all of the things I mentioned before. Advertising a website it's probably efficient but in my case it's not and it wasn't at all. You will probably think that what I wrote here it's lame and you're probably right. Someone who is sane on his mind doesn't do something like this. But, after all, we do what we like to do... others like to sing, others like to paint and others like to travel. In my case I am on the last group. You don't have to support me on this... I may not be able to reward you with anything but a big THANK YOU if you'll do that... but if you want to help continuing this project then donate any amount you like... even 1$ will be enough