When we talk about Malaysia, the first thing that automatically comes up to our mind is Kuala Lumpur. From the famous Petronas Twin Towers to the high end shopping districts, that's pretty much the common places that normally associated with Malaysia. However do you know that Malaysia is actually a country consists of 13 states and 3 federal territories, with 2 of the states (Sabah and Sarawak) and 1 of the federal territory (Labuan) separated from the rest, right across the South China Sea, located on the island of Borneo.
My dream is to let people from all over the world to get to know more about our country which rich in cultural heritage and biodiversity.
Therefore, starting from October 2018 until April 2019, I will embark on a 7 months journey around Malaysia, visiting each states and federal territories, uncovering and documenting the stories behind each unique and lesser-known destinations in Malaysia. This journey will mainly cover both popular and lesser-known destinations, affordable accommodation, transportation guide and most importantly, foods.
Travel Plan & Destination:
- Sarawak: 1st October 2018 - 14th October 2018
- Labuan: 15th October 2018 - 21st October 2018
- Sabah: 22nd October 2018 - 4th November 2018
- Kelantan: 5th November 2018 - 18th November 2018
- Terengganu: 19th November 2018 - 2nd December 2018
- Pahang: 3rd December 2018 - 16th December 2018
- Johor: 17th December 2018 - 30th December 2018
- Melaka: 31st December 2018 - 13th January 2019
- Negeri Sembilan: 14th January 2019 - 27th January 2019
- Putra Jaya (Federal Territory): 28th January 2019 - 3rd February 2019
- Kuala Lumpur (Federal Territory): 4th February 2019 - 10th February 2019
- Selangor: 11th February 2019 - 24th February 2019
- Perak: 25th February 2019 - 10th March 2019
- Penang: 11th March 2019 - 24th March 2019
- Kedah: 25th March 2019 - 7th April 2019
- Perlis: 8th April 2019 - 21st April 2019
The main objective of this fundraising campaign is to raise a fund sufficient enough to cover my whole trip costs and expenses in the span of 7 months.
Through out my journey, I will update my daily progress on social media platforms and upload videos on my Youtube channel. I am also hoping that this journey will create a lot of useful content for my upcoming mobile app, which aim is to help fellow traveller from around the world on getting to know Malaysia better than before.