The mission to spread the message of Jesus around the world is everyone's task. There are many ways to be involved in missions: praying, giving, and going to the field.
I want to tell you that I’m involved in different ways in the mission work, but I am currently starting a new challenge in cross-cultural missions.
I am the fourth in my family, I grew up in a Christian environment and through the years God has prepared me to serve him. I also had the opportunity to study and get a degree as an Industrial Engineer. I worked for several companies in roles related to my career, and I am currently a theology student.
Three years ago, I took a step of faith to involve myself full time to serve as a missionary to obey the calling that God placed on my life. I also serve as a volunteer in my local church, especially in discipleship areas.
In the past few months, I have been praying to know God's will and the next step I am going to take. Part of this, I searched in some ministries of Operation Mobilization (OM - Organization which I currently serve) to learn about other ministries that are being carried out worldwide. This is how I realized about the project they are doing in Ukraine, I had the chance to talk with OM leaders in this country, and after several meetings, I have the opportunity to be invited as new OM in Ukrania team member.
With great joy, I share with you that God is leading me to serve in the mission field in this country. Initially, the project is to work at least 2 years in the country, traveling at the beginning of 2021I want to share with you a link with an interview last year: http://bit.ly/RobertoOMinterview
- Population: + 45 millions
- Location: East Europe.
- Foundation: It gets its Independence of Soviet Union in 1991.
- Historical Events: It is known for the Chernobyl accident, the Orange Revolution of 2004, the recent
- crisis of 2013, and the conflict with Crimea that ended in a complete war (which remains). This conflict has caused a bigger humanitarian catastrophe, leaving thousands of deaths, and hundreds of thousands of displaced people, additionally around 60% of the population is below the poverty line.
- Religions: It has a percentage of evangelical Christians of 3%, the majority are Orthodox with 58%, Atheists (or do not practice any religion) 24.8%, and 2% Muslims.
- Church Planting (Click for more info).
- Mobilization/Involve more locals in the great commission: (Click for more info)
- New Generations Ministry /Work with youth and children: (Click for more info).
- Crisis Relief (Support to villages in war): (Click for more info).
- Sustainable Missions: (Click for more info).
Once I am allocated in the country, I will be helping in the mission field in different
initiatives that are already taking place, for example:
- Training and discipleship.
- Sustainable Missions
- Teaching Languages