€600.00raised of €25,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Five years ago, we launched CyprusInno, an award-winning nonprofit social venture connecting entrepreneurs across the divided island of Cyprus via a platform of digital tools and live events. As a mixed Greek- and Turkish-Cypriot team, we help our “opposing” communities build sustainable businesses together and, as a result, sustainable peace through entrepreneurship.
We began as a digital platform and then grew into live events and workshops, ultimately landing in our own physical space when we received the keys to a 4-part military container within the UN Buffer Zone between both sides of the island. We’ve spent the pandemic period transforming it by hand and with our own savings into what we call The Base by CyprusInno, a Social Impact Generator™ combining the elements of a coworking center, an accelerator and incubator, an office space, and a multimedia studio. It's the first innovation center of its kind in a demilitarized zone in the world, and our team aims to transform this dead zone into a model for collaborative entrepreneurship in a post-conflict region.
The Base by CyprusInno, the world's first Social Impact Generator™, is an ever-evolving, multi-purpose space that enables the co-creation of social and economic impact in various fields of focus by bringing together both the private and public sectors, as well as civil society, via a hybrid platform of digital and physical tools. In Europe’s last divided capital, and in the volatile region of The Levant, we’ve established a peaceful, stable, engaging, and interactive space that maximizes dialogue and cooperation via entrepreneurship and innovation.
We are now asking for your kind support to raise the funds necessary to scale from our pilot and sustain The Base by CyprusInno for its first full year of operations. The funds will be used for the following:
- Operational Expenses
- Running costs (i.e., utilities)
- Equipment (maintenance and upgrades)
- Community events (networking, fireside chats, panels)
- Educational events (workshops, trainings)
- Social startup accelerator program and incubation
- Multimedia (podcasts)
Built by hand with the help of local producers and upcycling methods, The Base by CyprusInno features:
- A coworking space with a custom mobile coworking desk, high-top desks and seating, catering corner, library, and lounge area with writeable walls
- An events space (converted within the coworking space) with a stage, full A/V system (including wireless mics, speaker system, a 65" TV and a 4K HD projector), and catering setup for fireside chats, pitches and presentations, panel discussions, seminars, and networking events
- A multimedia studio with a sound-proof room featuring full podcasting capabilities (high-end condenser mics, mixer, studio headphones, etc.)
- A seated office area with 4 desks for quiet working and resident teams
- A conference room/think tank with board room style seating and a 45" TV
- Outdoor space
Want to discuss further? We'd be honored to meet you! Feel free to book some time with us to learn more about what we do or how we can partner: https://calendly.com/cyprusinno/intro
- 2020 & 2019 South Europe Startup Awards Regional Finalist - Best Coworking Space & Best Social Impact Startup
- 2019 European Intercultural Innovation Award
- 2019 Social Startup of the Yunus & Youth Social Business Incubator (Supported by Nobel Peace Prize Winner Muhammad Yunus)
- 2019 Harvard Social Enterprise Conference Showcase Startup
- 2018 UN Young Leader for SDGs Project (one of 17 chosen worldwide)
- 2018 European Youth Award Finalist – Digital Tools for Economy
- 2018 Stelios Cyprus Bi-Communal Award 2018 (Peace Award presented by Sir Stelios Hadjiioannou, Founder of Easyjet)
General Update & Payment Error FeedbackUpdate posted by Steven Stavrou at 10:11 pm
Greetings from The Base by CyprusInno in Nicosia, Cyprus! We are so thankful to those who've donated to our campaign thus far! Your support means everything. Our team is preparing for a 2-day virtual forum titled "Opportunity from Crisis: Launching Your Innovative Idea in a Post-Pandemic World." The forum will. . . . .
Our Pre-Acceletor Program for Social Innovation is Kicking Off!Update posted by Steven Stavrou at 11:40 am
Greetings from The Base by CyprusInno in Nicosia, Cyprus! We're thrilled to let everyone know that we're feverishly preparing for a full opening as the pandemic conditions significantly improve here in Cyprus. Unfortunately, the division and our location in a Buffer Zone means our guests, partners, and stakeholders must cross. . . . .
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'Help us build peace through entrepreneurship!'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'Help us build peace through entrepreneurship!'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign