• Long distance relationship but we're not officially together yet (Orlando to Sydney)
• Haven't seen each other in 3 years
• My plan is to surprise her, and have a daily surprise to make up for all the missed special occasions
• Finally ask her to be my girlfriend
• Every year I try and save up but life always...says no :(
• It's about to be her birthday in February and I want to finally make her happy...
• I've saved enough for a plane ticket but i'm panicking because I don't have enough for a place to stay, daily meals, dates, surprises, etc., Australia is expensive! :(
• Everything will be filmed and turned into a documentary hoping to inspire people that are in long distance relationships. I can't wait to see her reaction...
My name is Josh and my best friend is Steph. In 2010, we met in the Philippines and became friends. Weeks later, she moved to Australia to study at the University of Technology, Sydney, and I moved to Orlando (other side of the world!) to pursue a career in filmmaking. Our childhood pictures photoshopped together :D
As we continued to talk online, we began to see that we loved talking to each other. We love the Walking Dead, comedy movies, random youtube videos, the same foods, and countless other similarities. We support each other through the tough times and laughed during the good times.
I stay up until 4-5am so that I can manage our time zones and make sure that we are able to update each other with our lives. However, because of the distance, we never really thought our relationship can be anything more. Her career is in Australia and mine is in America, but I believe that true love will find a way in the end. She is my soulmate.
But the first step is to build a foundation outside of the internet.
In February of 2015, it will be her birthday and my dream is to plan one big surprise when I get there and then have daily surprises that will make up for all the missed special occasions that I missed in person. One surprise for every missed birthday, Valentine's day, Christmas, etc. Most importantly, I will finally be able to ask her to be my girlfriend.
I have already been able to save up for a plane ticket (28 hour flight!) but I am having a lot of trouble raising the rest of the funds before her birthday for accommodation, food, and most importantly, the surprises! Australia is such an expensive country >.<
As a freelance filmmaker, I do not have steady income yet and so I work 24/7 trying to get as much work as possible while also having to pay the bills, school loans, and a laundry list of other things. Since my life revolves around videos, I will be documenting the whole trip and creating a video that will inspire people to go after the one they love, even if all the odds are against them. Her reaction alone will capture the hearts of so many people. I can't wait to see it!
The film will serve as an inspirational video for those that are in long distance relationships. It will show how hard it is to be apart but also show how it is all worth it in the end. We have grown together on the internet but we can finally establish some memories in person.
Here is a short film that I directed very loosely based on us (I named the characters after us haha)