SSSW (The Subsaharan Safe Spae for Women) is a project of a all female collective that wants to provide a cultural safe space for female refugees located in Morocco , in order to feel better about their situation in this foreign country. Women tend to migrate from east, west and central africa for various reasons, some travel to escape from their troubled countries and other migrate to improve their situations by destinating to europe, due to the restrictions of the european borders, subsaharans settle down in morocco looking for better opportunities. While trying to make a life inside the moroccan society women face alot of severe problems that they're to afraid to talk about, we as a moroccan collective thought of making a protective space for the women to let go.
The space has a number of goals that wants to achieve:
- Provide a place for women to express themselves freely and showcase their talent by providing all materials need
- Help the women with social and cultural discrimination as well as the stigma that they face within the moroccan society
- Help the women deal with the insider racism
- Safe the women from the sexual violence and abuse they've experienced for the number of years they've being migrating and way before in their troubled countries
- Provide a support system for women who have experience emotional and sexual abuse due their undocumented situation
- Provide a place for creation and art
- Make the subsaharan women closer to each other and help them integrate to the moroccan society in a healthy way
-Organise different artistic workshops
- Make a space for Females / Queers and Children to be Safe
In order for us to safe the lives of these women we will be needing your support , your help is much needed and appreciate it; each one who will contribute to make this project alive, will be part of a bigger change.