Pubbets has been supporting the 'I See I Do' project since early 2019 and we've seen the amazing work that this grassroots style charity program has been doing in their local area in Takeo Province, Cambodia.
The I See I Do school provides free education to over 100 local kids that are trapped in the cycle of poverty. There's also a farm, water well and medical centre that provides help to the local people. All of this has been done through the kind support of volunteers and donors from around the world.
Pubbets currently sponsors one student and we also send 10% of all profit to this charity program every month. But next month in February 2020 I want to take our contribution to a new level - with your help!
My next visa run is in February 2020 and I've already bought tickets and paid for my accommodation in Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia. Kim Ny from the I See I Do charity program has arranged a trip for 8 of the most promising older students from his school. He will travel with them from Takeo Province to Phnom Penh and we will do the following:
- ESL (English) classes and training for them to take back to the school and share with the other students.
- Puppetry workshops to teach the senior students how to use puppetry effectively in the classroom.
- Donation of Pubbet puppets for the school to use.
- ESL materials including textbooks, worksheets, videos and flashcards etc to use in their school.
- School supplies, food, clothing and medical supplies to take back to the 'I See I Do' centre in Takeo Province. We will buy these items together at a huge commercial market in Phnom Penh and all purchases will be recorded and shared with sponsors.
- Cultural sightseeing activities, including a cultural dance show. Many of these students have never been to the city or seen anything like this.
- We'll also take them to a charity restaurant 'Daughters of Cambodia' that provides training and employment to victims of trafficking in the region.
- I will work with Kim to setup a sponsorship program for the most disadvantaged students who are living in extreme poverty. Some of these kids are literally homeless and a monthly donation of $45 would mean they could eat healthy food each day and go to school.
What we are aiming for:
- Minivan hire and driver - $100
- Accommodation for Kim and 8 students $100
- Food and drinks for Kim and 8 students $150
- Transport (tuk tuk) within Phnom Penh for the group $25
- Food, clothing, school and medical supplies to take back to Takeo Province - $250
Any extra money will go towards I See I Do. The school is in desperate need of materials and furniture.
I will make 5 Pubbet Puppets available for this project and 100% of funds raised will go towards this charity visit. You will be asked for your address at checkout and your Pubbet Puppet will be sent in the week beginning 10 February 2020.