We are Andreea & Tavi and our dream is to deliver healthy, local and sustainable food. We both share a passion for good food and we care about what we eat. Thus, in a world where food systems are controlled by corporate interest, we started searching for the best food options available.
Wouldn’t it be great to eat fresh, local and hand-grown products? What about having jam, cheese or ham on our table with no chemicals or preservatives in them? Wouldn’t it also be great to know those who farmed the pepper from your garden relish? Or to know how they raised their livestock?
In our journey for a healthy and sustainable living, we discovered the authentic taste of local products and that was the moment when we decided to bring the urban community closer to real food, by creating a viable marketplace for local producers.
So, we built up “The Pantry Of Goodies”, a store where we gathered traditional products directly from small-scale farmers from Transylvania, as an alternative for healthy food. We started working with local and regional farmers and now we want to encourage more small farms from all over the country to create tasty products with a local print. Meanwhile, we plan not only to link small farms as the primary source when talking about natural food, but also to highlight a model that will create healthy local economies through community support.
And because we think big, the next phase in fulfilling our dream involves you too! Through Indiegogo you can help us grow, so that more and more people have access to quality, fresh and local products at reasonable prices.
• To support local farmers
• To promote culinary heritage
• To extend the store and develop a viable form of community support system that facilitates access to high-quality and locally-sourced products
• To rethink our eating habits by creating an open kitchen focused on slow food
• To deliver worldwide goodies from Transylvania, by creating an online platform
In a world where thousands of international brands fill up every day our shopping baskets with unhealthy products, we must rethink our culinary identity and our choices regarding the food we eat. We strongly believe that access to local food is a matter of education and information. An important part of our project is to provide information about the source of every product and even organize on-farm visits, so that the urban community can establish long-term and sustainable partnerships with trusted local producers. Moreover, as we grow we plan to offer opportunities for children and to engage them in different activities such as food sourcing or healthy cooking.
The open kitchen will be an interactive and innovative system, where we will cook healthy dishes with local and seasonable ingredients. We will also involve local community members, “The Pantry Of Goodies” will be a place where we will invite professionals to hold workshops on nutritious food and cooking. Also, we plan to rent the kitchen area to community members, so that they can have access to an equipped place where to create and share their own healthy food.
Help us build a sustainable and interactive food system
What we have:
So, we already own the visual identity and the brand concept “The Pantry Of Goodies” , partnerships with local farmers, an initial stock with local products, a growing data base with customers, corporate clients, cooking abilities, determination, creativity, passion and a strong desire to accomplish our goals.
What we need is your support.
Whether you are friend, family, future customer or even someone who share our vision, join us in a journey not only about tasty, nutritious and local food, but also about engaging the urban community in being more aware of the food they choose, as well as encouraging sustainable sourcing and long-term partnership with local farmers.
Your support is very important for us, as you would provide vital funding for establishing an interactive and sustainable food system. Below you can see a summary of the budget:
• Increase the community access to locally-sourced products by enlarging the store visibility and moving to a central and bigger place; rent for 3 months costs $1850
• Renovate the new location - $2150
• Create a friendly environment, while making healthy eating more accessible and enjoyable; furniture and decorations $3700
• Directly involve community members in the process of healthy food: eco-friendly Kitchen basic equipment $3380
• Authorizations- $1000
• Connect more customers with local products, through creating an online platform where everyone can discover the taste of Transylvania products; website and e-store - $2000
• Fees min $831, max $1200