Currently we (my 76 year old mentally challenged mother and me) are giving sandwiches and cool drinks to the workers, who fetch the rubbish, the trash bag grubbers, persons delivering the free newspapers, the paper sellers at the traffic lights on my route to and from work and the destitute people next to the road, on a daily basis.
We give out approximately 30 to 40 loaves of bread and about 30 litres of cool drinks per month.
I work for the government and are still paying off debt, which my ex-husband incurred and left me to pay, to the amount ZAR2350.00 per month (original amount of debt aboutZAR750 000.00, current balance ZAR208 000.00). this does not stop me to help others, rather encourages me because we still are blessed.
My salary will never allow me to buy a home of our own (too small for a loan to cover even the cheapest houses)
Both my mother and I have various chronic conditions for which I have to provide for on a monthly basis. Me: Arthritis, Hypertension, Asthma, Heart Arrhythmia, Hypothyroidism (inactive), Hearing disorder, Lung Damage, hyper allergy, stomach ulcer. My Mother Arthritis, Hypertension, Haemochromatosis, Hyper allergy.
To facilitate a trust to:
- Buy a house for to use as a safe haven and distribution point as well as providing for my mother (76 years young, Paranoid Schizophrenic sufferer) and brother (has a heart condition) and I, to live in and to use. We currently rent a house (the cheapest I could find) for ZAR 4853.00, Water and Lights ZAR 2500.00 per month and debt repayments of 2350.00, out of a salary of R11483 per month. The left over ZAR1735.00 for transport to and from work (ZAR450.00), food and clothing etc. (ZAR1285.00). This house is too small to accommodate the stock and has no place for the admin to be kept up to date (other than on my bed).
- To buy a house for the Atalia Charity to use to provide a home for the mentally and ill elderly, which they are currently doing, but need more space desperately.
- To be able to carry the monthly and daily rates and taxes for this home for them and to be able to help with groceries etc., through a trust with enough sources to cover this.
- To be able to provide far more for the people I see next to the road- elderly, mentally ill, hungry children and adults who are grey with hunger and has no refuge or help (they are not assisted by anyone and in most instances do not “qualify” for assistance, now they live on the street.
- I dream of going out in summer, to give all of them on my route, something to eat and cool to drink, in winter something hot to eat and drink. Being able to do this for all the people I encounter daily (about 50) and not only the (about 20) I manage currently.
I have calculated the cost for the 2 houses, the trust, provender to hand out extra and operating cost for the houses, will be about ZAR50 000 000.00, which I can use to buy the properties, register them in the Trust’s name and keep up through the trust. I have calculated this amount to accommodate taxes, buy the properties, help all of the projects and invest some funds to facilitate covering the monthly costs for the properties’ rates, taxes and upkeep and to facilitate help to everyone of the projects we have running and want to expand.
The funds not used to provide for the houses will be transferred into the trust fund to use for others every month. I don’t want money for myself, other than to procure a house to use as safe haven and admin centre and to provide for my mother and brother, if something should happen to me. Neither of them are able to finance the renting of a home. I want to use the house we can stay in as a safe haven and administrative centre to enlarge the projects that I have been running. I have also over the years taken in several destitute people and animals, which the SPCA could not accommodate or which we rescued. I currently am looking after 2 dogs and 2 cats which we have rescued. Previously we resided outside of the city and had 32 cats and 12 dogs rescued from various circumstances.
I do not want to go the way of the current organizations, since the people I want to help more and are helping currently, are those who falls through the cracks and end up next to the road
Could you assist me and give me guidance how to do this the right way?
Thank you for your time and patience.