You’ve heard about mental health but do you understand what consist of mental health? The Mind Collusion is based in Malaysia, a country well praised for its beautiful beaches, delicious food and friendly people. We are considered to have embraced modern lifestyle but would you believe if I say mental health is still a stigma in Malaysia? For the last couple of years, there are a lot of organization that advocates for mental health slowly surfacing to make people understand better on this topic. We are one of them but our mission is slightly different ; we want to make an impact, to share not in the form of social media posts but in the form of magazine that allows people to get reliable information by presenting serious and often difficult topics with a balance of respect and optimism. Why magazine? Magazine allows us to create a variety of content and publish it at the same time which is essential in our aim to provide engaging and informative content all at once, compared to blogging that allows publishing only one post at a time. We also have multiple contributors working on assigned topics, to ensure the information is legit and reliable.
There is always a way for curious minds to learn the topic that they are engaged in. Here is where, you will learn all that you need to know about mental health. This magazine aims to provide essential materials in regards to mental health, including :
- Provide legit and detailed information in regards to mental health that includes symptoms,illnesses,treatments to name a few, bottom line is we want to be able to reach out to audience from all walks of life to understand mental health in depth.
- Exclusive interviews with those affected, professionals and advocates to provide bird's-eye view on this topic from different set of experiences.
- Guide those who need help with what is required and connect them to professionals by providing information of the organizations that available, and how they work so that people are aware of what they are reaching out for. This includes for both local and international (online-based).
- Bust myths about mental health & mental illnesses and share actual & relevant facts.
- Monthly statistics of mental health cases in Malaysia & world( breakdown to illness, gender and age)
- A downloadable self-care journal kit in monthly edition of the magazine.
We here asking for your help to fund an online magazine, "The Mind Collusion" curated to help those who are impacted by mental health directly or indirectly ; This issue is very personal to us at The Mind Collusion because it hits close at home for almost every one of us ; we lost someone due to depression and that's when we've decided that we need to do this. This fund is essential as we will need to ensure the magazine continues to provide what is promised and sustain its growth for the next 12 months. I truly believe as a society, we are able to take step towards mental health, to spread the awareness and ensure people know that mental illness is not a social stigma but a mental condition. Let us begin from here.
We are looking to launch this magazine on 10th October 2020, in conjunction with Mental Health day however the fundraising will still continue till end of the year. The Mind Collusion team humbly request for your kind help to make this dream a sustainable reality.
The Mind Collusion