When we speak about animals being the voiceless, this colony of approximately 10 cats, is the perfect example. They are hungry, pregnant, full of terrible injuries we suspect the one was thrown with boiling water. Mamre is a small poor settlement about 50 km from Cape Town in South Africa. A joint effort was launched by The Hope Foundation for Cats, Kerry Radmall of Pit Pals.Fiona Wade of The Clan Chattan, Caz Werth of Caz's Kitty Haven and Dassenberg Horse Rescue Centre - DHRC. We are continuing the trapping process. So far we have done the following:
5 adults were trapped / caught and taken to Bergzicht Animal Hospital and very weak newly born kittens removed from the bushes after one died (the mother was subsequently trapped):
1. NINA: Female adult was trapped, snap tested, an ultrasound done to establish whether she was pregnant. It was that she was two weeks away from delivery. (We do not terminate pregnancies at this late stage and she has since given birth to 3 healthy kittens.)
2. KIMMY and KACEE: 2x young female adults, were snap tested, ultrasound, vaccinated, treated with Revolution and spayed. They both received microchips.
3. Very weak day old kittens were removed from the bushes (as one has died) and is now healthy and in foster care.
4. HOBART: An adult male was snap tested, vaccinated, treated with Revolution and neutered. Also received microchip.
5. PENN: An adult female cat was snap tested, vaccinated, treated with Revolution and neutered. Also received microchip.
6. ASH, a stunted little female was snap tested, vaccinated, treated with Revolution and spayed. Also received microchip.
Our vet bill is mounting and we also need to provide food for them at their respective foster facilities
PLEASE HELP US HELP THEM AND DONATE!