ZAR2,050.00raised of R5,000.00 goal goal
The campaign owner has stopped the page from accepting further donations. Please contact them if you'd still like to donate
The Coastal Horse Care Unit (CHCU) is committed to the welfare of all horses and donkeys from all disciplines of equine involvement and is based on a farm in Cato Ridge, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa.
The farm is a Rescue, Rehabilitation and re-homing centre for horses and donkeys who are abused or neglected and is fully reliant on donations and sponsorship by interested / involved parties.
Upon entering the farm, you will see how lucky we have been with the property that was generously donated to us by a generous donor, you will agree with the potential we have available is immense, our possibilities are endless and it’s all in aid of raising awareness and much needed funds for the unit.
- Equine Rescue and Rehabilitation Center incorporating a Donkey Sanctuary.
- Addressing Equine Welfare from a neutral stance, incorporating all disciplines i.e. Horse Racing, Polo, Show-jumping, etc.
- Creating an environment of transparency by opening up a visitors’ and educational centre.
- Opening of an on-site and in-field educational program for the education and upliftment of people involved with horses, incorporating rural and working horses.
- To promote the partnership between horses and humans.
- Education achieves Horse Welfare Solutions.
- We judge by results, both short and long term. We are not dogmatic. We accept that different situations need different approaches, and will adapt to circumstances.
- The Staff at Coastal Horse Care Unit have a love and knowledge of equines, this fuels our passion.
- We wish to incorporate input from all disciplines of Equines thus creating a neutral, non-biased environment to assist with Equine Welfare.
Rural clinics and Empowerment Program
The organization goes into the surrounding rural areas and educates owners on the care of their horses and donkeys. These communities rely heavily on their horses for their transport and livelihood. The program offered by our organization not only teaches them the basics of horse care but provides them with the tools to gain better productivity from the animals in a conducive environment which is both horse and owner friendly.
One of our main objectives is to empower rural communities through education. We currently have a program where rural people are trained in farrier and saddlery, a skills development project. The qualification received after completion of this course will provide the graduates with an opportunity to gain meaningful employment and educate other community members in proper horse care. This leads to a sustainable effect with regards to the welfare of these animals.
We would not be able to function without the generosity of our sponsors, donors and volunteers and humbly request that you support our program of equine care.
- NICOLE BOLLMAN
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet