We are raising money for this fantastic new project to enable us to provide an essential service to the people of Heywood and Bury by distributing emergency food parcels to individuals, families, elderly people and veterans in their time of needs. This may be due to a financial crisis, low income, illness, redundancy, benefit delay or a bereavement.
Long term aims include:
- Creating a seperate foodbank in Heywood
- Creating soup kitchens in both Heywood and Bury
- Creating Clothes Closets in Heywood and Bury
- Expanding services to other locations
- Opening a bereavement centre to provide emotional, financial and practical help and support primarily after a suicide bereavement
The Food Bank will offer a hot drink, a snack and advice to those who use our services as well as having a play area for the children to play in whilst the adults receive advice and a friendly chat.
We aim to officially launch at Easter time so please every £1 will help.
Every donor from here will receive a personal thank you in our newsletter ( a copy of which will be sent to you when we launch in April)
Donations over £50 will receive a personal letter of thanks and a certificate.
Thanks for reading and I hope together we can put our efforts into creating a better community.