BENEFITING: The Children's Heart Foundation Texas Chapter
EVENT: Austin Marathon
EVENT DATE: FEB 19, 2017
DAYS TO GO: 6
CHF Texas is thrilled to be part of Austin Gives Miles and the Austin Marathon for the fourth year! This is a wonderful way to push hard for a great cause.
When you choose TEAM CHF you are helping raise awareness for the #1 birth defect and your financial support will help fund life-saving grants to the most skilled physicians in this field.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Enistein
- Congenital heart defects are the most common birth defects. Nearly one of every 100 babies is born with a CHD.
- An approximate 100-200 deaths are due to unrecognized heart disease in newborns each year. These numbers exclude those dying before diagnosis. (Source: CHPHC)
- Approximately 25% of children born with a CHD will need heart surgery or other interventions to survive. (Source: CHPHC)
- The Children’s Heart Foundation has funded over $8.4 million to basic science, translational and clinical CHD research projects at leading research centers across the US and Canada.
- Congenital heart defects are common and can be deadly, yet CHD research is grossly under-funded relative to the prevalence of the disease.