The Carol Jean Project is a national non-profit organisation dedicated to giving all kids, specifically those living in poverty, the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play.
We construct high quality wooden playground equipment at creches and primary schools in the rural parts of South Africa.
Why The Carol Jean Project focuses on rural parts of South Africa:
- A high rate of unemployment within these areas makes it impossible
for parents and community members to contribute to the development of
- Poor infrastructure at educational facilities;
- Lack of interest from stakeholders and playground manufacturers to service the rural areas;
- High costs associated with logistics of installations and material transport (we aim to do more than 1 project in an area at a given time, in doing so we effectively reduce these costs), and
- Other NPO's and NGO's tend to focus on the urban-poor population due to ease of access, leaving the rural areas without opportunities for development.
OUR CURRENT PROJECT WE REQUIRE FUNDING FOR :
Supply and installation of playground equipment at the following venues :
1. Loerie Vinkie Crèche, 10 Bree Street, Loeriesfontein, Northern Cape
2. Loeriesfontein Primary School Hostels, Loeriesfontein, Northern Cape
3. Kheis Methodist Primary School, Garies, Northern Cape
4. Babbel en Krabbel Crèche, Garies, Northern Cape
Coordinator : Mr Karel Klein (Headmaster of Loeriesfontein Primary)
Contact Number : +27 (0) 27 662 1107
View our website at www.thecaroljeanproject.co.za. All contact details for our project is on there.