The Bread Mission
Don't feed me! Help me Feed myself!
13 Million Hungry, 14 Million unemployed, No Jobs, No opportunities, No chance. We CAN'T solve this problem by continued handouts, food parcels, blankets, clothes and so on. We CAN solve this problem by helping someone to help themselves forever. Together we can empower someone for life. Help to combat poverty. Donate today towards The Bread Mission, which will change someone's life forever.
Aim: To establish bakeries targeting disadvantaged communities that will enable people to learn skills, create jobs and start their own small enterprises to sustain themselves for life.
- To establish 4 bakeries to cater for 8 communties
- To create jobs
- To impart skills
- To create independence, self-help and sustainability
- To reach and transform at least 2000 community members
- To help feed someone for life.
Skills development and empowerment of people has increasingly become a great need across the world today. While being at the center of development, resource constraints are a major challenge in establishing and meeting the demand for improvement and development of people in order to curb poverty and boost the economy in our country
One of the issues mentioned was the high rise in youth unemployment in our communities. Many people are disadvantaged. They do not have access to resources, information, funding and opportunities to improve their lives. Many interventions are needed that focus on the improvement of our communities and people’s lives. These interventions will also assist in the drive to effectively incorporate entities such as labour, economic, community and employment environments. Sedibeng Sa Bophelo (SSB) is driving an intervention in communities as a contribution to the national priority task of reducing unemployment and poverty by empowering our people to become skilled, self-reliant and sustainable
Sedibeng Sa Bophelo is a registered non- profit organisation (155-845 NPO) in Protea North Soweto and servicing the Johannesburg South Regions. We believe that everyone deserves a chance to improve and develop their own life. We believe in human rights for all. We also believe in economic development opportunities for all and envision a world where everyone will have a sustainable self-reliant lifestyle. Our organisation is founded upon the principle of human development. We facilitate a holistic culture of education, skills development, personal and social development. Our organisation works with a diverse people and believes in equal accommodation. We aim to restore human dignity, create independence and contribute effectively to economic development.
We aim to:
- To restore human dignity, create independence and contribute effectively to the community.
- To create employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, disadvantaged persons, women and youth
- To facilitate skills development ,training and education programmes for disadvantaged populations in both the formal and informal economy
- To create wage and self-employment opportunities through self-reliance projects
- To educate and create awareness on human rights, sustainable economic development opportunities and self-reliance.
- To break the low skill, no wage and no opportunities trap
- To facilitate school to work transition and special needs
- To contribute towards poverty alleviation and crime reduction
SSB’s dynamic approach involves the incorporation of all disadvantaged community members, skilled or unskilled to attain the optimum assistance in accessing opportunities to improve their lives. SSB holds the proficiencies in leveraging its knowledge of people, education and community development to measure, implement and transform lives through the Orbit Model which could later become an initiative for adoption into other mainstream entities. We believe that very person deserves an opportunity to improve their life, to live freely and independently a decent life where one is able to support themselves and their family and contribute to the economy of the country.
The success of this programme depends on you. Make the world a better place.