Raonakhon school is situated in the district of Surin in Thailand. It is a small school catering for the the children of the local village of the same name. Currently about 60 students, aged between 4 and 12 attend the school. As government funding is very limited in these rural areas, villages and their schools have to find their own ways of gathering funds to cover on-going school needs. This is why I have set up this funding page, because unfortunately, these funds are not being raised quick enough and to the financial amount that is required to aid the school in improving the maintenance and upgrading of general school grounds safety, kitchen and toilet facilities hygiene, classroom ventilation, classroom furniture and overall external building repairs.
Funds raised by this campaign will be used to address the above concerns and make a typical school day for students more safe, comfortable and productive.
Such things funding will achieve will be:
- New western style toilets to replace the old and unhygienic "squat" toilets.
- Toilet building exterior repairs.
- Installation of adequate ceiling fans in classrooms.(average day temperature is 35 degree celsius)
- Assorted learning and sporting materials.
- Replacement of some classroom furniture.
- Canteen kitchen facilities upgrade to safe hygienic standards.
- Exterior school building maintenance.
- Play area improvement.
With your generous donation, Raonakhon school will become a safe and comfortable environment for these young students to learn and grow.
On behalf of myself and all students of Raonakhon school and Raonakhon villagers, we humbly thank you in anticipation.