¥771,268raised of ¥3,000,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
How to Donate to TELL's Go Get Funding Page
If you would like to donate by credit card and the 'credit card' icon in the payment window does not work, then please click the PayPal option as they allow credit card transactions for non-PayPal users as well. TELL has a verified business account with PayPal which allows us this unique feature. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
Thank you for helping end the stigma surround mental health! Happy stepping!
For the past four years, TELL has partnered with Tokyo Tower with a race to the top to raise funds on World Suicide Prevention Day. In 2019, a sold-out crowd of 500 climbers raised 5 million yen to support the TELL Lifeline.
2020 took a completely different format. We didn’t gather to climb Tokyo Tower in a pandemic but the need to raise awareness and fight stigma surrounding mental illness was more important than ever. So instead, 455 people across the country took on the STEP UP challenge walking one step for every life lost to suicide in 2019 and raised 1,200,000 yen during a pandemic.
Sadly the challenges of 2020 saw more people struggling with a mental health issue and an increase in the number of lives lost to suicide particularly amongst young women and adolescents.
This year we are again asking people all across the country to STEP UP for mental health. It is easy, simply use your fitness tracker and challenge yourself to a one-day step goal of 21,081. You can take a walk anywhere in Japan - in the mountains, along the beach, down a country road, or in the heart of the city. Your route can be flat, hilly, or even all staircases.
You won't only walk, but also raise funds to help the TELL Lifeline expand its operations to 24/7 and connect with more people in need. And you can build awareness of mental health by sharing our campaigns on social media or starting one of your own.
September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day and people all around the globe will be walking, marching, or running to “take a step” to remove stigmas around mental health. Come out – by yourself, or form a team – to make a difference by raising money to help us take the TELL Lifeline 24/7. Every step helps change lives.
How to Compete
There are incentives for being the winner of either category, where your efforts will be announced on our website and social media sites, in addition to a trophy allowing you and your team official bragging rights!
- Register yourself and/or every member of your team on www.tellevents.org. A team consists of four people and your team distance will be calculated as the total number of steps for the four team members in one 24 hour period.
- You must reach a minimum of 21,081 steps to be eligible for a Cup. The more steps your team logs, the better your chances of taking home the trophy.
- You must reach a minimum of 21,081 steps to be eligible for the Corporate Cup. The more steps your team logs, the better your chances of taking home the trophy.
- You can use any step tracking app, smartwatch, or fitness band that displays the step total and date. You'll send us screenshots or photos of each team member's steps with the date. Example: Pedometer - step counter is one free option on Google Play that lists the steps and the date.
- There is also a trophy for the most awareness created. We want you to bring your creative powers and passion for spreading awareness through any means that speak to you.
- Yukari Koga
- Financial Controller
Thank You!Update posted by Timothy Langley at 04:54 am
On behalf of the TELL board and staff, we would like to thank the individuals, community, school, and corporate teams who helped make this year’s STEP UP challenge such a fantastic success. Thanks to the amazing 839 participants, over seven million steps were taken all across the country to raise. . . . .
Donors & Comments
Create a support campaign in seconds!
Support campaigns allow you to get your own fundraising page dedicated to 'TELL STEP UP 2021'
You'll have your own unique link that you can share, and all funds raised will go directly to 'TELL STEP UP 2021'. It's the ultimate way to show your support!Create support campaign