Birunda Teenage Mothers Project was started by Christian Community Healthcare Foundation- Kenya (COHECF-KENYA) to support women’s livelihoods through Self-Help Groups. These women meet on a regular basis in local communities to develop specific skills, such as tailoring, sewing, carpet-weaving, and handicrafts.The project support young girls who got pregnant in schools and have dropped out of school. The girls have lost hope in life with some being chased away from home by their parents. They have been left with the sole responsibility of taking care of their young ones but with no source of income. Most of these young mothers resort to sex for money to help them take care of their children.
The project was started to restore hope of teenage mothers by equipping them with skills in Tailoring and Dress Making for self reliant.
The amount donated here will be used in;
- Pay salaries for instructors,
- Paying fees for teenage mothers,
- Acquire more sewing machines for training,
- procuring training materials,
- Paying rent and electricity.
- Your donation will go along way in helping teenage mothers acquire life long technical skills for life.
For more information kindly check the website:-https://cohecfkenya.org/activities/