Thank you for your willingness to support me financially for this journey I'm embarking on in January, 2019.
Q. What is fundraiser for?
A. It is for Taehee Um's mission trip through STEP(Short Term Exposure Porgramme) on a mission ferry called Logos Hope, organized by OM(Operation Mobilization).
Q. What am I going to be doing?
A. I will be working in one of the mission ship's departments on weekdays(40hrs per week/ 8hrs per day), as well as going out to the villages of the harbor the ship stops for mission works on weekends.
Q. When is the deadline for this fundraiser?
A. OM is asking for the cost for the programme itself($2000) by the end of November, 2018, so the supporters can still send support post November for the flight tickets and extra expenses. This fundraiser will officially close once the final amount($4000) is reached.
Via this link, you will be asked to donate either via credit/debit card or Paypal account. If you prefer not to donate online, you may send a check without a processing fee to:
6 Indian Springs Ct, Morgantown, PA, USA.
Hello! This is Taehee Um, a South Korean international student who finished High School in PA, USA.
At the age of 14, God showed me a way to serve Him by giving me a chance to take a tour on a mission ship named Logos Hope.
Ever since that tour, the 14-year-old started having a hope. A hope that someday, he would come back to this ship again and become a part of the great journey to further God's Kingdom.
And now, this 19-year-old, came back to the pure desire he once had and is trying to take a step into the future. God was so merciful to me that He never let the desire fade away from my heart. Instead He let it grow, while slowly shaping me into His prepared servant through the times in the US.
He's asking me to go on a journey where I will get to know Him better, by shaping myself and shaping others through His works.
I want to take His hand and start my journey.
And I know that you, my family in Christ, praying for me will certainly strengthen my feet to move. Thank you so much for doing so, and thank you so much for your willingness to support me as well.
Here are some prayer requests I would like to ask you to pray, when you think of me:)
1. Please pray that my heart would be in the right place as I walk this journey: building His Kingdom on this earth, bringing lifeless lives to the only source of life, and ultimately walking with the Lord until the end.
2. Please pray that the practical parts of this mission trip such as the ship’s schedule, the destination, crews’ health, and the monetary situation I face would be resolved in His will.
3. Please pray for the locals who I will be meeting during the mission. That the locals I talk to would open their mind and come closer to the Lord, who comforts them. Please pray that I would rejoice and cry with them as a family in Christ.
4. Please pray for the crews on the ship. People from so many different backgrounds will gather with one purpose. Please pray that I would set a good example to the people around me through how I think and speak.
5. Please pray that I would continue seeking the Lord as I go, constantly spending time with Him praying for my future steps. Please pray that I would mature in knowing God and completely relying on Him, through the times of mission trip.